UB Institutional Values
- Student success
- Educational access
- Scholarship, research and creative activity
- Regional and resource stewardship
- The UB community
University of Baltimore Mission
The University of Baltimore provides innovative education in business, public affairs, the applied liberal arts and sciences, and law to serve the needs of a diverse population in an urban setting. A public university, the University of Baltimore offers excellent teaching and a supportive community for undergraduate, graduate and professional students in an environment distinguished by academic research and public service. The University:
- makes excellence accessible to traditional and nontraditional students motivated by professional advancement and civic awareness;
- establishes a foundation for lifelong learning, personal development and social responsibility;
- combines theory and practice to create meaningful, real-world solutions to 21st-century urban challenges; and
- is an anchor institution, regional steward and integral partner in the culture, commerce and future development of Baltimore and the region.
Achievement, Innovation, Community: The University of Baltimore Strategic Plan 2014-17
2018-2023 Proposed Strategic Plan
Since October 2016, the University Strategic Planning and Budgeting Committee (SPBC), convened by President Schmoke, has worked to develop a new strategic plan that will take effect January 2018.
This strategic plan recognizes the need to create a financially sustainable business model to achieve our goals and reflects extensive analysis and community input. It was developed by the University Strategic Planning and Budgeting Committee (SPBC) in conjunction with and informed by our 2017 MSCHE Self-Study and specific task force work, including the Strategic Enrollment Plan, the Student Retention and Success Plan, the Strategic Analysis of Academic Programs, and the forthcoming Diversity Plan. All plans are available on the planning website.
Download the draft in PDF format.
About the SPBC
The University of Baltimore Strategic Planning and Budget Committee (SPBC) in consultation and dialogue with the President and the University community, supports and enhances the success of the University through evidence based-decision making relating to: strategic planning, assessment of institutional priorities, review of budgetary policies, and the evaluation of programs and services. All activities of the SPBC are advisory to the President and the President’s executive team.