The University of Baltimore is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267.284.5000)
We want to hear from you.
Please provide your input and feedback at any point in the Middle States reaccreditation process using this form.
All response are confidential.
Middle States has rigorous standards that serve as a framework for institutional effectiveness and academic performance. As part of reaccreditation, every 10 years the University engages in a comprehensive and reflective process to demonstrate its commitment to these standards and to continuous improvement. The process consists of:
- an institutional self-study
- a peer review that includes a site visit
- a process for continuing examination and improvement.
The MSCHE peer review team will be visiting the UB campus March 13 to March 15, 2017.
Middle States Resources
- Characteristics of Excellence in Higher Education
- Self Study: Creating a Useful Process and Report
- Team Visits: Conducting and Hosting an Evaluation Visit
- Policies, Guidelines and Procedures
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- American Bar Association
- Association of American Law Schools
- Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
The University has assessed its performance relative to the 14 Middle States standards (see page ix of Characteristics of Excellence in Higher Education for these standards at a glance). The Self-Study Steering Committee is co-chaired by Provost and Executive Vice President Darlene Smith and Vice Provost Catherine Andersen.
UB’s self-study is organized around five major themes:
- Linking Mission to Planning and Resources
- Solidifying Collaborative Leadership and Governance
- Strengthening Commitment to Student Success
- Aligning Educational Offerings for Enrollment Growth
- Enhancing Institutional Effectiveness and Student Learning
Middle States member institutions are required to file an Institutional Profile annually. Learn more about the profile.
- Institutional Profile, 2015-16
- Audited Financial Statement, year ended June 30, 2015
- U.S. Department of Education Finance Survey
- Management Representation Letter
Documents for the Current Reaccreditation Process
- Institutional Assessment Plan
- Self-Study Timeline
- Self-Study Steering Committee and Work Groups
- 2015 Self-Study Design
- 2015 Self-Study Research Questions
- 2014 Progress Report
- MSCHE Town Hall - April 20, 2016
- Full Appendix
- Self-Study Report to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education 2016-2017
- MSCHE Town Hall - September 29, 2016
Steering Committee Minutes