Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and above - Setup for Secure Wireless
Configuration is no longer necessary when connecting to the UB secure wireless network. Please follow the steps below to connect.
- Click the AirPort icon.
- Turn Wi-Fi on.
- Select ubalt-secure.
- When prompted, enter your netID/current password.
Remember this network should be checked.
Note: If the certificate verification message below appears, click Continue and enter your netID/current password if prompted.
If you need additional assistance please contact the OTS Call Center at 410-837-6262 or email@example.com.
- How to delete a wireless profile.
- Open Network Preferences. (Make sure the Wi-Fi option is highlighted)
- Click Advanced.
- Highlight the profile you want to delete.
- Click the (-) minus sign to delete the profile.
- Click OK and apply the changes.
- Click Advanced and click the (+) sign to re-add the profile.
Mac OS X - 10.6 or older - Setup for Secure Wireless
- Open System Preferences.
- Click the Network Preference Pane.
- Select the Airport connection, then click the Advanced button.
- In the Advanced window, click the 802.1x option. You will be creating a new User Profile.
- In the lower left corner, click the + sign and select Add User Profile.
- Type a name for the profile. We use UBSecure.
- In the User Profile section, set the following:
- Username: your netID
- Password: your netID password
- Wireless Network: ubalt-secure
- Security Type: WPA2 Enterprise
- Click OK.
- Back at the main Network preference pane, the profile you created will be displayed. To connect to the network, click the Connect button.
- When prompted to verify the certification, click Continue.
- When prompted for a name and password, enter your computer username and password combination. (The same combination used when installing software or system updates.) Click OK.
- Your connection is complete. To connect to ubalt-secure, click your Wireless Indicator in the Finder Menu and select ubalt-secure.