- Learn about getting AV equipment or a computer delivered to a UB room
- Read about borrowing AV equipment or a computer
- Get information about the Technology Loans for Students Program
- Get training & support for AV equipment
- Go to the online AV Request Form
We can deliver multimedia and computer equipment for an event or class, whenever the room does not meet your multimedia needs.
Current UB students, faculty and staff may submit a reservation for a specific date or a set of recurring dates. Equipment is provided at no cost for academic use and most administrative events. Some events may incur equipment fees, based on the type the event.
External clients coordinate equipment requests through Conference Services.
Current UB faculty, staff and students can borrow equipment. This includes digital cameras, camcorders and tripods, presentation remotes, microphones, laptops, and digital voice recorders.
Equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis; however, faculty may arrange to reserve selected camcorders and audio recorders for select classes. There is no cost to borrow equipment for academic purposes. Other rentals may incur a charge.
Faculty and staff: Other than normal wear and tear, faculty and staff are responsible for returning all equipment in the same condition as it was received. Faculty and staff will be held financially responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged equipment, as well as any missing components used for personal use. In the case of lost or damaged equipment, the borrower will complete a Damage/Loss Assessment form. The borrower will be responsible to pay the replacement cost of equipment not returned, damaged beyond repair, or missing components. Costs assessed against the borrower will be treated as any other debt owed to the University. In case of a theft of the equipment, the borrower must present a copy of the Police Report stating the conditions of the theft. The borrower is still responsible for the replacement cost. If equipment lost, damaged or stolen while in official use for the University of Baltimore, the cost of replacement will be the responsibility of the borrower's department. For more information, please refer to the Technology for Faculty and Staff Loan Program page.
Students: If AV equipment equipment is returned late or lost, you will be assessed a late fee of $5.00 per day. This late fee is a per item/per day fee. If a laptop is returned late, the fee is $5.00 per hour or a maximum of $25.00 per day. For more information please refer to the Technology for Students Loan Program page.
To borrow equipment, come to the BC002 lab with your Bee card. When borrowing a laptop, a second form of government-issued identification is required.
Multimedia technology is meant to support your instructional activities and presentation; it’s not meant to cause stress or take important time away from your class. How can that happen? With training and continued support.
- Consider scheduling a 5-15 minute training before your first class. We will walk you through the technology so you can feel confident with using it. Maybe you'll think of different materials you can introduce to your lecture using technology. If you're interested in a training session, request it through the OTS Call Center.
- Also, when you submit an equipment reservation, you can indicate if you want a consultant available a few minutes before the start time.
- In the event the equipment does not work as expected, we can dispatch a technician during our operating hours.