- Repeated or serious violations of Computer Lab Policies could result in the loss of computer lab privileges as well as disciplinary action.
- Lab users are required to follow building access policies at all times.
- Consumption of food and drinks is not permitted in the computer labs, with the exception of AC135, which has tables in the center of the space. Food and drinks are permitted at these tables only. There are other vending and lounge spaces available on campus suitable for food or drinks.
- Cell phones should not be used inside the computer lab spaces. When using the computer labs, please keep conversations at a low volume to avoid distracting other lab users.
- Users are responsible for their own belongings. OTS is not responsible for personal items that are lost or stolen while in the lab.
- If any computer equipment malfunctions, users should not attempt to repair it. Please notify a member of the OTS staff immediately.
- Use of general purpose student computer labs is by a first-come first-serve basis. During high demand periods, the University may impose time limitations on use.
Angelos Law Center Lab - AL910/911 (Extended Hours Lab)
- A UB Bee Card is required for early or late access to the Angelos Law Center. You may also be required to show your ID at the public safety desk.
- No guests are allowed during early or late hours.
- Click here for hours and additional lab information.
- All computer labs may be used only by authorized users, which include: current students, recent graduates, faculty, and staff members. Unauthorized visitors, including children, are not permitted to use the computer labs. Unauthorized visitors will be asked to leave the lab space.
- Activities on computers are subject to monitoring. Violation of policies may result in the loss of future network access. Attempts to circumvent the computer systems and network security will result in the loss of lab privileges.
- Lab users cannot install or copy software onto any university computer.
- Authorized users may not share their account and lab resources with others.
- It is the responsibility of the user to secure their account username and password. OTS is not responsible for any resources depleted or data compromised due to the loss or misuse of a username.
- OTS is not responsible for the loss of any data due to hardware failure or software issues. OTS takes all precautions to minimize these types of problems. However, unavoidable problems may occur due to the public use of our facilities.
- The use of special paper or forms on the laser printers is not permitted. In some cases, you may be able to use a printer available behind the counter in the BC002 computer lab. Please speak with the Lab Assistant for more information.
At the beginning of the fall and spring semesters, student accounts are allocated 350 printer pages. If a student depletes that allocation, s/he will not be able to print until s/he purchases additional print pages. Click here for information on obtaining additional print pages.
- U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) prohibits the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of copyrighted materials, except as permitted by the principle of "fair use." Users may not copy or distribute electronic materials (including electronic mail, text, images, programs or data) without the explicit permission of the copyright holder, except as permitted by the "fair use" policy. Any responsibility for the consequences of copyright infringement lies with the user.