UB students have several options for obtaining software:
- A free license for Office 365 on through the MyUB Portal
- Microsoft products at a student rate through Kivuto
- Adobe products at a student rate through Kivuto
- Academic Pricing through the University Bookstore
- SPSS is available through the MyUB Portal
Microsoft Office 365 Free for Students
UB students can download Office 365 through the MyUB Portal for free. From your computer, login to the portal, locate the Computer Services box, and click the MS Office 365 Pro Plus Software link. From your phone, visit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile. Click here for more information.
NOTE : To install, activate, and sign on to Office 365 always use your netID@ubalt.edu and your MyUB Password.
Microsoft and Adobe Products
Visit Kivuto to check out the Microsoft and Adobe products available at student rates. These discounted rates are provided through an agreement between the software companies and the University System of Maryland. The rates may be lower than those advertised as student or academic pricing through other companies. To purchase software from Kivuto, students:
- Use single sign on for new accounts.
- For prior users, you can log in with your UB email address and Kivuto password to view your prior purchases.
- Accept the licensing agreement, which may include restrictions on reselling or leasing the product
- Pay for the purchase using a Visa or Mastercard
Visit Kivuto for software titles and pricing.