Achieve the Helen P. Denit Honors distinction.
TO GRADUATE AS A HELEN P. DENIT HONORS SCHOLAR:
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 at UBalt.
- Successfully complete the number of honors credits required, which is determined at the time of admission to the honors program.
- Complete your co-curricular requirements (four events per academic year you're enrolled in the program).
- Deliver a formal presentation to the UBalt community (at either Inspired Discoveries or the Fall Presentation Day).
Applying for Graduation
To apply for graduation, complete the linked form, attach a copy of your OrgSync record, and turn in the paperwork to Sally Farley by the deadline to ensure your name appears under the Helen P. Denit Honors Program section in the commencement program.
- Oct. 15 for summer/fall graduation
- March 15 for spring graduation
You must complete at least 15 honors credits and participate in a minimum number of Denit-sponsored or -approved events. No honors contracts are accepted.
Graduate-level courses and internships count as honors courses.
Enroll in honors freshman learning communities and you can complete 15 credits fast.
To achieve honors in a particular college, you must meet the requirements stipulated by that college.
Those requirements include, at a minimum, 12 credits of honors or enhanced classes. Graduate-level courses, independent studies, and internships count as honors courses.
Business students must complete either MGMT 495 OR MGMT 498. That class will constitute 3 honors credits out of your required 12 credits. Learn more about business honors.