Achieve the Helen P. Denit Honors distinction.
TO GRADUATE AS A HELEN P. DENIT HONORS SCHOLAR:
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 at UB.
- Successfully complete the number of honors credits required, which is determined at the time of admission to the honors program.
- Complete your co-curricular requirements (four-six events per academic year you're enrolled in the program).
- Finish an original, independent capstone honors project culminating in a presentation to the University community OR compile an honors portfolio culminating in a presentation to the University community.
Applying for Graduation
When you apply for graduation, you must inform the honors director, Sally Farley that you are graduating from the Helen P. Denit Honors Program to ensure your name appears under the Helen P. Denit Honors Program section in the commencement program.
- Oct. 15 for summer/fall graduation
- March 15 for spring graduation
You must complete at least 15 honors credits and participate in a minimum number of Denit-sponsored or -approved events. No honors contracts are accepted.
Graduate-level courses and internships count as honors courses.
Enroll in honors freshman learning communities and you can complete 15 credits fast.
To achieve honors in a particular college, you must meet the requirements stipulated by that college.
Those requirements include, at a minimum, 12 credits of upper-division courses at the honors level, at least 3 of which would be in an honors capstone experience. Of the 12 credits, no more than 3 should be satisfied by an honors contract. Graduate-level courses and internships count as honors courses.
Business students must complete either MGMT 495 OR MGMT 498. That class will constitute 3 honors credits out of your required 12 credits. Learn more about business honors.