Summer Aid Eligibility Requirements:
- Admitted as a UBalt degree-seeking or certificate-seeking student.
- Valid 2023-2024 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file with our office.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- Submit all requested documents to our office.
- Register and maintain minimum credit enrollment requirements.
The Summer Application is required for students who wish to borrow Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct Loans:
Please view the guidelines for completing the Summer Financial Aid Application.
Important items to note:
- This application is ONLY needed for students who want to Accept Federal Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Direct Loan(s).
- Pell Grant eligibility for the summer term will automatically be reviewed and determined by our office based on your FAFSA and summer enrollment status information. No additional steps are required of you.
- This application is NOT required for students only seeking to borrow a Federal Graduate PLUS loan. Students who need to borrow the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan, must complete an online application with the Department of Education and select the loan period from May 2024 until August 2024 .
- The deadline to submit this application is:
- Law/APD students - TBD for Summer 2024
- Undergraduate/Graduate students - TBD for Summer 2024
- For financial aid disbursement dates, please see the Financial Aid Calendar.
- Eligible undergraduate students who were enrolled full-time for the fall and spring semesters must be enrolled for 6 or more credits during the summer term to receive the Pell Grant.
- If taking less than 6 credits, you will only be eligible for a Pell Grant if you have leftover eligibility from the Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 semesters because you have not received the maximum annual eligibility based on your FAFSA.
- If you did not use the full Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan eligibility during Fall 2023 and Spring 2024, the remaining loan amount can be used in the summer term.
- IMPORTANT: Undergraduate students have to enroll for at least 6 credits during the entire summer term to receive a loan disbursement for the Summer term.
- If you used your full Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan eligibility during Fall 2023 and Spring 2024, you may have to seek alternative options such as:
Bob Parsons/Sam Rose Scholarships
- If you are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits for the summer term and are meeting all other eligibility requirements, you should expect to be awarded by early June.
Graduate, Law, and APD Students:
- If you have remaining loan eligibility for Academic Year 2023 - 2024, you may use these funds to cover your summer balance.
- IMPORTANT: Graduate, Law, and APD students have to be enrolled in at least 3 credits during the entire summer term to receive a loan disbursement for the Summer term.
- If you used the full $20,500 Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan amount during Fall 2023 and Spring 2024, you may have to seek alternative options such as:
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid by phone at 410-837-4763 or by submitting a financial aid inquiry .