Summer Aid Eligibility Requirements:
- Admitted as a UBalt degree-seeking or certificate-seeking student.
- Valid 2021–2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file with our office.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- Submit all requested documents to our office.
- Register and maintain minimum credit enrollment requirements.
NEW! Summer Application is required for students who wish to borrow Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct Loans:
Guidelines for completing the summer application may be found HERE!
Important items to note:
- This application is ONLY needed for students who want to Accept Federal Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Direct Loan(s).
- Pell Grant eligibility for the summer term will automatically be reviewed and determined by our office based on your FAFSA and summer enrollment status information. No additional steps are required of you.
- This application is NOT required for students only seeking to borrow a Federal Graduate PLUS loan. Students who need to borrow the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan, must complete an online application with the Department of Education and select the loan period from May 2022 until August 2022 .
- The deadline to submit this application is:
- Law/APD students - July 22, 2022
- Undergraduate/Graduate students - August 8, 2022
- Eligible undergraduate students who were enrolled full-time for the fall and spring semesters must be enrolled for 6 or more credits during the summer term to receive the Pell Grant.
- If taking less than 6 credits, you will only be eligible for a Pell Grant if you have leftover eligibility from the Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 semesters because you have not received the maximum annual eligibility based on your FAFSA.
- If you did not use the full Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan eligibility during Fall 2021 and Spring 2022, the remaining loan amount can be used in the summer term.
- IMPORTANT: Undergraduate students have to enroll for at least 6 credits during the entire summer term to receive a loan disbursement for the Summer 2022 term.
- If you used your full Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan eligibility during Fall 2021 and Spring 2022, you may have to seek alternative options such as:
Bob Parsons/Sam Rose Scholarships
- If you are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits for the summer 2022 term and are meeting all other eligibility requirements, you should expect to be awarded by early June 2022.
Graduate, Law, and APD Students:
- If you have remaining loan eligibility for Academic Year 2021–2022, you may use these funds to cover your summer balance.
- IMPORTANT: Graduate, Law, and APD students have to be enrolled in at least 3 credits during the entire summer term to receive a loan disbursement for the Summer 2022 term.
- If you used the full $20,500 Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan amount during Fall 2021 and Spring 2022, you may have to seek alternative options such as:
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid via email at email@example.com