Skip to content

Financial Aid Forms

  • Budget Increase

    All schools which provide students with federal student aid are required to have a budget (cost of attendance). Students may receive aid up to their budget. In rare cases, student may submit the form below to have their budget increased.

    Having a budget increased does not necessarily mean the student will have additional financial aid offered. This form simply allows for the budget to be increased to allow for additional aid to be posted to their account whether it is federal, state, institutional, or private.

    Budget Increase Form

  • Consortium Agreement

    The consortium agreement allows students who are enrolled at least half-time (six credits) at UB to take a class at another institution. If you have financial aid, such as a Pell Grant, state grants, or a scholarship that are dependent upon full-time enrollment, completing a consortia agreement between UB and your host school is the answer to having those credits count towards your financial aid enrollment. Start by contacting your Academic Advisor to make sure the course can be transferred back to UB and count towards your degree. Because this option requires you to be enrolled half-time at UB, it is not necessary to receive federal student loans, you already qualify!

    2014-2015 Consortium Agreement 

    Inter-institutional enrollment: If you will be enrolling in a class or classes at another University System of Maryland school, the inter-institutional enrollment application may allow you to enroll in classes and have the registration and bill processed through UB. Check with your academic advisor to see if this is the option for you. With this option your inter-institutional registration will count towards your loan enrollment requirement for your student loans.

  • Dependency Override

    The federal government believes that students and their parents have the primary responsibility to pay for education. However, the government recognizes exceptions to this rule. Students may appeal this ruling based on extreme circumstances. According to the government, an independent student is someone who is/was any one of the following general requirements:

    • Born before January 1, 1991
    • Married on the date of application for aid
    • Graduate level academic standing
    • Having a legal dependents other than a spouse
    • Orphan or ward of the court
    • Veteran of the armed forces

    The financial aid administrator, in determining a dependency override, focuses on truly exceptional circumstances and consideration of individual cases. These practices may include making dependency overrides in situations when a student’s parent cannot be located or where an otherwise dependent student has been a victim of domestic violence and is no longer residing with his/her parents.

    A dependency override can be made only to change a student’s status from dependent to independent. Financial Aid administrators cannot use professional judgment to consider a student independent solely on the basis of the student’s previous independent status or because the student is “self-supporting.”

    The dependency override may not be used to make an otherwise ineligible student eligible for federal aid, or because the parents are unwilling to provide financial data or support. This request reflects the professional judgment of the Office of Financial Aid at the University of Baltimore only. You must reapply each year for consideration at UB or for any other institution to which you may attend.

    Students who wish to apply for a Dependency Override must submit the following documentation:

    1. A letter of explanation, written by the student, explaining the extraordinary family circumstances that led to the student leaving the parent's household. The letter must include information on the student’s means of support and estimated annual expenses since leaving the parent's household.
    2. Letters (on letterhead) from three professionals verifying the family circumstances described by the student. Professionals may include guidance counselors, clergy members, teachers, doctors, family counselors, mental health professionals, and law enforcement personnel.
    3. Signed copies of the student's federal income tax returns for 2011.
  • Landlord Confirmation

    Completed by the Office of Financial Aid upon request, this form can be used by a student to confirm with potential landlord or property management firms expected financial aid fund availability.

    Students must accept their aid and have completed steps 1 through 3 of the "4 Steps to Financial Aid" in their MyUB portal, including any Master Promissory Notes, Entrance Counseling, and, in the case of Graduate Plus or Parent Plus loans, have been credit approved by Direct Loans.

    Please fill out the top of the form, including your name and student ID (found on the far left of your MyUB as well as on your Bee card). Bring or fax the form to the Office of Financial Aid, and we will complete the form and return it.

    Landlord Form

  • SAP Appeal

    The SAP appeal process is now online, if you have been asked to complete a SAP appeal the process is online in MyUB, in the next green section below where you find the "4 Steps to Financial Aid".

  • Selective Service

    Most male students must be registered with Selective Service to receive federal student aid. You also must register if you are a male and are not currently on active duty in the U.S. armed forces. If you are a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands or the Republic of Palau, you are exempt from registering.

    This form is designed to explain your circumstances surrounding your Selective Service registration. Only complete and submit this form if you see "Selective Service" on your To Do List in your MyUB Portal.

    Selective Service Form

  • Special Conditions

    The Special Conditions Form can be used if you or your family has experienced an unusual circumstance that may affect your ability to pay for your education at the University of Baltimore. Before the office can take your circumstance into consideration, you must have filed the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA). The reduction must result from one of the special conditions listed below occurring between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013.

    This form is designed to adjust the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) which determines what portion of aid can be need based. Submitting this form does not necessarily mean additional aid will be awarded. This form does not increase the amount of the student budget.

    2014-15 Special Conditions Form

  • Verification

    Those selected for verification must complete the process before financial aid can be awarded and applied to your account balance. All selected students must, at a minimum, submit the Verification Worksheet.

    Students who did not import their 2013 federal tax return information into their FAFSA directly from the IRS will be required to submit a Tax Return Transcript which is only obtained directly through the IRS. If you're not sure if you need to submit a Tax Return Transcript, see your To Do List in your MyUB portal.

    The following Verification Worksheets are to be used for the fall 2014, spring 2015, and summer 2015 semesters.

    2014-2015 Verification Worksheet
    2014-2015 Verification--SNAP/Child Support Worksheet
    2014-2015 Verification--Untaxed Income Worksheet