The BeeLine Dual Admission Program is an early access program for students at select Maryland Community Colleges.
The BeeLine program allows eligible community college students to apply for and be admitted to The University of Baltimore while still enrolled at a Maryland community college, including unique transfer student benefits and services.
- BeeLine Benefits
- Applying and Eligibility Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- THE APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN! Apply Now!
Participating Community Colleges
Students admitted into the BeeLine program can take advantage of unique benefits, including:
- receiving a pre-admission transcript evaluation(s)
- meeting with a dedicated BeeLine admission counselor and/or with a University of Baltimore academic adviser (once per semester, as available)
- invitations to:
- financial literacy workshops
- events hosted by UBalt's Center for Student Engagement and Inclusion, Office of Admission and more
- and the use of:
- The Bob Parsons Veteran Center
- the Robert L. Bogomolny Library,including inter-institutional book loans and select online research databases
- tutoring and writing help, as available
- the UBalt housing website and housing fair (as offered)
- access to parking, at the student rate, as available
- a BeeCard, and select benefits and discounts at the Hive campus store and select local businesses
- recognition at commencement as a BeeLine student.
Applying and Eligibility Requirements
Students interested in the BeeLine program should apply to the program while at the community college. You will be admitted to the BeeLine program after confirmation of your enrollment at the community college However, you can not use the benefits of the program until the following semester. To be eligible for the BeeLine program, students must:
- be enrolled as a degree-seeking student at a partnering community college
- maintain enrollment at the community college, with no break longer than two consecutive semesters (not including winter or summer)
- complete the online application for the BeeLine program
- be admitted to UBalt, as per stated admission requirements
- meet additional criteria as determined by their community college.
To complete the BeeLine program, students should:
- be awarded an associate degree (A.A., A.S., A.A.T., A.A.S., A.S.E.) from a partnering community college
- meet admission requirements and be eligible for admission to UBalt
- submit all required admission documentation to UBalt
- complete the FAFSA, if able to do so.
Once you are ready to transfer, please apply for admission to The University of Baltimore, and a formal admission decision will be made. Additional documents will be required.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I apply to BeeLine?
You can apply any time from your first semester at the community college until the semester before you apply for admission to UBalt. So, a timeline example may be:
If you plan to start at UBalt in: Then apply to UBalt in: And the final semester you can apply to Beeline is: Fall 2021 Spring 2021 Fall 2020 Spring 2022 Fall 2021 Spring 2021 Fall 2022 Spring 2022 Fall 2021 Spring 2023 Fall 2022 Spring 2022
Do I need to complete an associate degree prior to transferring?
You are highly encouraged to complete your associate degree prior to transferring to the University of Baltimore. This is a requirement of the BeeLine program, and makes you eligible to receive additional scholarships upon enrolling.
Does my community college have special requirements?
Your community college may have additional requirements, Please visit your individual community college web page to learn more.
When can I enroll at UBalt?
You can take advantage of the program beginning in Spring 2021, with the intention of the first students enrolling at UBalt for the fall 2021 semester.
Do I need to apply to both BeeLine and UBalt?
You will need to complete the free BeeLine Application and also complete the application for admission to UBalt when you are ready to transfer. We will waive the application fee as a BeeLine student.
Does the BeeLine program guarantee me admission to a particular major at UBalt?
Successful completion of the BeeLine program guarantees you admission to UBalt only. You must still meet individual major admission requirements for admission into your major of choice.
Does the BeeLine program guarantee that all my credits will transfer to UBalt?
Your credits will be evaluated for transfer based on where they were earned, the courses you took and the grade you received, if they meet general education requirements, and if they can be applied to your degree program. Learn more about the tools we offer to evaluate how courses will transfer.
Does BeeLine cost anything?
The BeeLine program is free; however, students will be responsible for any UBalt fees incurred while in the program. This may include library fees, parking tickets, BeeCard replacements, etc. And, because the program is free, certain UBalt events or services may not be available.
Where can I find more information about the BeeLine program offered at the Universities at Shady Grove?
The BeeLine program at USG will be suspended for new students beginning for the spring 2021 semester. Students are encouraged to apply for the general BeeLine program instead.
How do I learn more?
Please contact your designated transfer counselor to learn more.