Bee Line Benefits
Students enrolled in the Bee Line program benefit from:
- guaranteed admission to a UB program at USG
- the ability to take courses in your major sooner; enrolled students can take two 300-level courses at USG while still enrolled at Montgomery College
- priority advising for courses at Montgomery College
- early access to student services and advising at USG
- earning two degrees: an associate degree from Montgomery College and a bachelor's degree from UB.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for Bee Line?
Students can enroll in Bee Line at any time during their enrollment at Montgomery College, except for in their final semester. Students must have completed at least 15 credits at Montgomery College and be registered for or have completed the gateway courses listed below, or their equivalents, at Montgomery College.
B.S. in Health Systems Management
ENGL 102 or ENGL 109
B.S. in Simulation and Digital Entertainment
ENGL 102 or ENGL 109
What are the requirements for successful completion of Bee Line?
After gaining acceptance to Bee Line, students must fulfill the following requirements while at Montgomery College to enroll in a UB bachelor's program at USG:
- earn an associate degree from Montgomery College
- attend the Bee Line orientation session at USG
- meet at least once per semester with a USG transfer assistant director and a UB program director
- attend at least one USG Center for Academic Success workshop per year
- meet with a USG Career Counselor prior to completion of your associate degree
- submit the transfer admission application for a UB degree program at USG.
What are the requirements for the B.S. in Health Systems Management program?
Bee Line participants must meet the following requirement for guaranteed access into UB's B.S. in Health Systems Management program at USG:
- earn an associate of arts or an associate of science degree from Montgomery College (the A.A. in General Studies is recommended).
What are the requirements for the B.S. in Simulation and Digital Entertainment program?
Bee Line participants must meet the following requirements for guaranteed access into UB's B.S. in Simulation and Digital Entertainment program at USG:
- earn an associate degree from Montgomery College (the A.A.S. in Computer Gaming and Simulation is suggested)
- earn a 'C' or better in the following gateway courses at Montgomery College or other institution's equivalent:
- GDES 140: Intro to Animation
- GDES 240: Animation 2: 3D Modeling
- TECH 272: Professional Website Development
- TECH 290: Building Game Worlds
And one of the following:
- CMSC 140: Introduction to Programming
- CMSC 214: Advanced Java Programming
- CMSC 226: Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with C++
- TECH 225: Flash ActionScript for Web Publishing and Gaming
How do you apply to Bee Line?
Submit the Bee Line application by Sunday, June 15 (fall semester) or Saturday, November 15 (spring semester) for priority consideration.
Who can I contact for more information?