Applying made easy.
What do I need to do to apply?
You don't have any time to waste, so we made applying to UBalt as simple as possible.
Pay the $35 nonrefundable application fee.
Send an official college transcript from each college previously attended to the Office of Admission (electronic versions are encouraged, via firstname.lastname@example.org).
- International students have additional admission requirements.
If you are unable to submit your application online, you can download the required forms and send your application by mail.
Am I eligible to apply?
Students with 30 or more college-level courses are invited to apply as a transfer student. We are looking for a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher. Students who graduate from a Maryland Community College, and directly transfer to UBalt, are guaranteed admission.
Students with less than 30 credits can apply as a first-time undergraduate student, but may wish to wait until 30 credits are posted. Speak with an admission counselor to learn more.
Do any majors have specific admission requirements?
Yup! A few of our programs have additional admission requirements:
- Accounting: 2.5 GPA
- Accounting, Online Degree Completer Program: 2.5 GPA and an AA or AS degree in Business from a Maryland Community College strongly suggested
- Accounting (certificate): a Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Programming (certificate): an AA degree (or 60 credits) or higher
- Cyber Forensics: 2.75 GPA
- Cybersecurity (certificate): an AA degree (or 60 credits) or higher
- General Business, Online Degree Completer Program: An AA or AS degree in Business from a Maryland Community College strongly suggested
- Finance: 2.25 GPA
- Forensic Studies: 2.75 GPA (and additional requirements for Forensic Science concentration)
- Health Management: For Shady Grove Campus applicants only: 56 credits
- Philosophy, Law, and Ethics: 3.0 GPA
- Simulation and Game Design For Shady Grove Campus applicants only: 56 credits, pre-requisite coursework.
When should I apply by?
Complete your application as early as possible; we notify applicants of admission decisions on a rolling basis.
Questions? Contact an admission counselor at 410.837.4777 or email@example.com.