Examine the marriage of art and commerce, words and images, and old and new media.
- M.A. in Integrated Design (formerly Publications Design)
- M.F.A. in Integrated Design
- M.F.A. in Creative Writing & Publishing Arts
- Certificate in Digital Communication
- B.A. in Arts Production and Management
- B.A. in Digital Communication
- B.A. in English
- B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies
Klein Family School of Communications Design
Liberal Arts and Policy Building
10 W. Preston St., Room 107
Baltimore, MD 21201
Making ideas public—that's how the Klein Family School of Communications Design defines its goal. Its programs blur the boundaries between between creativity and practicality.
The school offers opportunities to study traditional creative forms—poetry, fiction, drama, epic—as well as emerging media, including Web design and video, all presented within a historical and cultural context.
Our state-of-the-art Digital Design Studio lets students learn and practice desktop publishing, animation, Web design, and image creation, correction and manipulation. Our Media Lab is the perfect place to explore studio and location production of digital video and audio.
Our faculty produce a range of creative and professional work, including:
- articles in scholarly and popular magazines and journals
- academic, literary and commercial books
- stories, poems and creative nonfiction
- advertising, public relations and corporate identity pieces
- films, videos and Web sites.
Our students and alumni work in major design, publishing and communications concerns in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle.