One of your most valuable donations is your time.
Backpack to Briefcase
You've been there and done that. Now you've got inspiring stories to share with current College of Public Affairs students. Like you when you were at UB, our current students are curious. And they're eager to know what awaits them when they cross the stage at graduation. Volunteer to participate in our Backpack to Briefcase program, which matches you with a current class of UB students who want to know how you got to where you are.
Learn more.They want to know:
- What are my career options?
- How should I focus on my coursework and studies to position myself well?
- How can I network to make contact with the right people?
- How can I enter into and advance a career related to my studies?
This program is in high demand among students and faculty members, and your participation means reaching out to students interested in a career like yours. You'll have a chance to:
- tell your story
- discuss what makes you passionate about your work
- engage students in a dialogue about their careers
- assist students in envisioning their future work life.
And it requires only an hour of your time here at UB. For more information about volunteering for Backpack to Briefcase, please contact us.
Savor UB is a program that connects UB students with alumni who have similar professional goals and social interests. The program offers a unique opportunity to share great conversation and build valuable connections over a meal at local Baltimore restaurants. To learn more, contact Sabrina Viscomi at email@example.com or 410.837.4385, or visit Savor UB.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Opportunities to donate your time to UB abound. Learn more about University-wide volunteer opportunities for alumni.