Online learning environment through fall 2020.
Your educational goals, along with your health and safety, are our top priority. We want you to know that we are committed to doing everything possible to support your academic success here at UB.
Therefore, the College of Public Affairs will deliver all of its academic courses in an online environment for fall 2020. That means:
- courses that are labeled “WEB” will be delivered in a traditional online format, meaning you can access digital lectures and assignments via Sakai at any time.
- courses that indicate a specific day and time (e.g., 8/31/2020-12/20/2020, Wednesday 5:30 PM-8:00 PM) will meet “face-to-face” on that designated day and time each week via Zoom or Skype.
- an individual instructor may specify additional guidelines and options for his or her course.
Our online courses offer the same content, rigor and collaboration between faculty and students as you would find in a face-to-face class on campus. And our professors have extensive experience teaching online. Furthermore, we offer an array of technology tools to support you in your online studies.
The benefit of online courses is that you can participate from anywhere with an internet connection without needing to travel to campus. Moreover, this online environment will facilitate continuity in completing your degree safely during the pandemic, and with minimal disruption to your academic journey.
Are you ready for online learning?
Here's a checklist of everything you'll need:
- a computer
- Internet connection
- web browser
- web cam
- speakers or headphones
For more online learning tools and resources, visit our Working, Teaching and Learning remotely page.
The faculty and staff of the College of Public Affairs are here to answer your questions.
- Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend an upcoming virtual information session to learn more about our programs, the admission process, financial aid and scholarships and campus services.