Help people make their lives better. Become effective at intervention and guidance.
Through our Bachelor of Arts program, you'll:
- learn to offer guidance for coping with complex, often overlapping social, psychological and economic problems
- be trained to work with the developmentally disabled, substance abusers, battered women, the homeless and other populations in need of assistance
- be prepared for a career as a specialist, supervisor or entry-level manager in private, nonprofit or government agencies and for professions in such areas as:
child and family services
This program has been developed in cooperation with the Maryland Department of Human Resources and adheres to National Organization for Human Services Education standards.
Want to add a minor to your major?
Learn more about our minors. (Note that not all minors are possible to combine with every major.)
Thinking about law school?
Learn more about our Automatic Admit option through the UB School of Law.
Students who qualify may take up to 9 graduate credits, which apply to both the bachelor's degree in Human Services Administration and the master's degree in Human Services Administration. Contact us for more information or learn more about our accelerated options.
Expanding your horizons:
- If you are not currently working in the human services field, you'll participate in an internship that provides valuable, hands-on experience in private or public organizations at both local and state levels.
- If you are already employed in the field, you can take advantage of an in-depth seminar that explores human services.
You'll also be prepared to pursue UB’s Master of Science in Human Services Administration, which includes the advanced courses necessary for executive careers, as well as advanced studies in public administration, applied psychology, legal and ethical studies or criminal justice.