Help people make their lives better. Become effective at intervention and guidance.
Through our Bachelor of Arts program, you'll:
- learn to offer guidance for coping with complex, often overlapping social, psychological and economic problems
- be trained to work with the developmentally disabled, substance abusers, battered women, the homeless and other populations in need of assistance
- be prepared for a career as a specialist, supervisor or entry-level manager in private, nonprofit or government agencies and for professions in such areas as:
child and family services
This program adheres to National Organization for Human Services Education standards.
Expanding your horizons:
- If you are not currently working in the human services field, you'll participate in an internship that provides valuable, hands-on experience in private or public organizations at both local and state levels.
- If you are already employed in the field, you can take advantage of an in-depth seminar that explores human services.
You'll also be prepared to pursue UB’s Master of Science in Human Services Administration, which includes the advanced courses necessary for executive careers, as well as advanced studies in public administration, applied psychology, legal and ethical studies or criminal justice.
The B.A. in Human Services Administration program is one of five programs housed in the School of Health and Human Services. Learn more...
For more information about undergraduate admission, please contact the Offices of Admission at email@example.com or 1.877.ApplyUB.