2013 Rise to the Challenge Winner
Chris Wilson (Merrick School of Business): Custom furniture restoration and upholstery for the commercial, healthcare and residential markets.
In addition to Chris Wilson, the following students were finalists in the the 2013 Rise to the Challenge:
- Sade Chambers (School of Law): A vehicle lighting system that indicates the rate of deceleration.
- Jacob Goldberg (Merrick School of Business): A grid system that will melt snow and ice from roadways.
- Jane (Rong) Guan (School of Law): A theme-based café that provides an "aristocratic" experience for the customer.
- Bryanna A. Jenkins (Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences): A cosmetic company specializing in blendable foundations.
- Emily Kaiser (Merrick School of Business): A non-profit for teaching children teamwork through the compassionate training of dogs.
- Isaac Schleifer (Merrick School of Business): An online fundraising software program for nonprofits.
- Josh Ziggas (Merrick School of Business): A smartphone app that helps users find publicly available restrooms, and allows them to rate these facilities.