How to Enter the Competition
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call Johnetta Hardy or Pamela Browne at 410.837.4892
Download the flyer.
- Students interested should submit their business idea in one or two paragraphs. Please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 9, 2013.
- Students who have previously participated in UB's Pitch Competition are allows to participate in this competition, but you must submit a different idea.
Guidelines for your written business idea.
- Identify the problem your idea is solving.
- What is your solution?
- Who is your competition?
- What experience do you have if any in solving the problem?
- You must be a UB student currently enrolled for the fall 2013 semester.
To assist you in writing your winning business idea, the CEI will provide coaching by our Entrepreneurs in Residence. email email@example.com or call 410.837.4892 through Monday Sept. 9 at noon.
- You will be notified by Sept. 16. whether or not you are one of the eight finalists chosen to make your pitch in front of a live audience on Thursday, Sept. 26 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. in the Business Center's auditorium.
- The eight finalists must receive coaching from the CEI, anytime from Sept. 17-24, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 410.837.4892. to schedule an appointment.
- Top awards will total $1,000 ($750 for first place and $250 for second place).
- The top two student winners from the Sept. 26th Pitch Competition will go on to represent UB by pitching their idea on Friday, Sept. 27, during the Startup Maryland Bus Tour stop at UB.
- We are extending a special invitation to all eight finalists to attend this event which includes photo ops and more.