With this degree, you will be able to respond to the increasing complexity of the field of taxation and its critical impact on the effective management of business, financial, industrial, governmental and nonprofit organizations. The program trains competent tax specialists to serve the needs of Maryland’s legal, accounting and business communities and provides you with:
• a solid knowledge base in federal tax law, including an understanding of tax policies and principles
• skills to understand and analyze complex tax statutes, tax regulations and related cases and rulings
• techniques for analyzing and resolving issues involving federal tax law, including identifying problems, researching and locating relevant law, and applying the legal rules to facts to arrive at conclusions
• the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, your tax research and analysis to clients, co-workers and the wider community of tax professionals.
UB’s M.S. in Taxation program fulfills the 150 hour education requirement for a Certified Public Accountant license in Maryland.
Through this program, you’ll become knowledgeable in areas of:
• bankruptcy taxation • consolidated corporations • estate and business planning • taxation of executive compensation • federal income taxation • corporate taxation • partnership taxation • pension and profit-sharing plans • real estate taxation • S-corporations • state and local taxation • tax-exempt organizations • tax policy • tax procedures.
We are accredited by AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, which is the premier accrediting agency for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in business administration and the highest distinction that business schools can receive worldwide. This program was designed with working professionals in mind, so our classes are offered evenings. Fred Brown, program director and associate professor of law / firstname.lastname@example.org / 410.837.4537.
For more information about M.S. in Taxation please contact the Office of Admission and International Admission and Enrollment at email@example.com or 410.837.6565.