This Global Field Study abroad course fulfills the requirements for:
- MGMT 498/798 Global Field Study: China and Taiwan (3 credits)
- Undergraduate students must have successfully completed ECON 200 or equivalent and MGMT 302. Graduate students must have successfully completed all ECON 504 or equivalent. All students must be in good academic standing and receive permission of instructor to enroll.
- The travel dates are June 7-16, 2013. Students will also be required to participate in one pre-travel meetings (to be scheduled in May or June) and two post-travel meeting in July. The exact date, time and location for each of those meetings will be announced later.
Global Field Study - Shanghai China and Taipei, Taiwan
June 7 - 16, 2013
UPDATE: As of February 27, 2013, the Global Field Study to China/Taiwan has been cancelled due to lack of student enrollment.
This course will expose students to business practices and financial markets in China and Taiwan. Both countries have developed their own sub-cultures since dividing in 1949 as a result of the civil war. China and Taiwan are two of the most important economic power houses in Asia and have been developing healthy economic and political relationships in recent years.
This course involves visits to the largest economic and financial centers in Shanghai, China and Taipei, Taiwan. In addition to business visits, we will also have various cultural activities in both cities. during the visit to Taipei, students will be provided with a specially designed program by one of the most prestigious universities, National Chengchi University. The program includes various topics including the political and economic relationship between the to counties, the high-tech industry in Taiwan and how to do business in Taiwan.
Estimated costs for travel, lodging and local transportation are approximately $3,759. The Wright Global Scholars fund will provide scholarships up to the maximum of $1,200 to eligible students. Wright Global Scholarship Applications are required as well as the Global Field Study Approval Form. Find these forms here.
Trip Cost and Payment Schedule:
- Initial Deposit: $2,159 / DUE: Friday, March 1, 2012
- Final Payment: $1,600 / DUE: Wednesday, April 3, 2012
Course Registration and Deadline:
Friday, March 1, 2013. All students will be registered for either MGMT 498 or MGMT 798 in the Summer 2013 semester after the initial payment has been submitted.
Course Tuition Due:
- Monday, May 27, 2013, 2013 4