Spring Reading Series Welcomes Novelists, Poets and More
February 10, 2014
Contact: University Relations
The University of Baltimore's M.F.A. Reading Series kicks off its spring 2014 season this week, and promises a semester's worth of outstanding novelists, poets, essayists and more, with events both on and off campus. All readings are free and open to the public. Here they are:
- Feb. 17: Poet Gayle Danley, 7 p.m. in the Bogomolny Room in the UB Student Center, 21 W. Mt. Royal Ave. (this event is part of UB's African American Arts Festival (PLEASE NOTE: This event was rescheduled from Feb. 13 due to the inclement weather);
- March 10: A night with Ugly Duckling Presse, hosted by Adam Robinson, adjunct faculty member in the Creative Writing and Publicing Arts program, 7 p.m. in the Bogomolny Room;
- April 10: "An Evening with Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald," directed and hosted by Jon Shorr, associate professor in the Klein Family School of Communications Design, 7:30 p.m. in the Bogomolny Room;
- April 22: Novelist Jaimy Gordon, 7 p.m., in the Bogomolny Room (Klein Sponsored Reading);
- May 9: UB Creative Writing and Publishing Arts M.F.A. Seminar Reading and Publication Party, 7 p.m. in the Wright Theater in the UB Student Center.
Other UB affiliated readings taking place this spring include:
- March 4: Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences Scholarship Day, with events including a reading by M.F.A. faculty, 9 a.m. in a location to be announced;
- March 23: Steve Matanle, associate professor in the Klein Family School of Communications Design, and Betsy Boyd, lecturer in the Klein Family School of Communications Design (with Jen Michalski and Jenny Keith), 2 p.m., at the Creative Alliance; tickets are $12 or $7 for Creative Alliance members;
- April 3: National Poetry Month's "Favorite Poem Reading," 12:30 p.m., Liberal Arts and Policy Building Theater (Room 308), 10 W. Preston St.;
- May 12: Welter Reading and Publication Party, 7 p.m., in the Bogomolny Room.
Learn more about the M.F.A. Reading Series.
Learn more about UB's M.F.A. in Creative Writing and Publishing Arts.
The University of Baltimore is a member of the University System of Maryland and comprises the College of Public Affairs, the Merrick School of Business, the UB School of Law and the Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences.