In 2025, The University of Baltimore will reach an important milestone: its 100th anniversary. Back in 1925, a group of local business leaders founded a private school for the teaching of law and business. In the years since, we've grown to become one of Maryland's most distinguished institutions—we've been public since the 1970s, a member of the University System of Maryland since 1988, and a four-year institution since 2007. For generations now, we've been delivering leading-edge programs from the heart of Maryland's economic and cultural capital.
On Feb. 2, 2022, University of Baltimore President Kurt L. Schmoke announced the formation of the UBalt 100th Anniversary Celebration Committee.
"Our centennial should be more than a celebration—the occasion should set UBalt on a positive trajectory for its second century," he wrote in a message to the campus community.
The committee is charged with developing a year-long series of special events to commemorate this historic event. Lectures, special collections and exhibitions, unique branding and collateral materials, a specialized social media campaign, and a culminating gala celebration are likely to be part of the University's centennial.
The committee members are:
- Theresa Silanskis, UBalt 100th Anniversary Celebration Committee Chair and Vice President of Advancement and External Relations
- Josh Davis, Associate Professor, Division of Legal, Ethical and Historical Studies, Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences
- Aiden Faust, Associate Director of Special Collections & Archives, Robert L. Bogomolny Library
- Chris Hart, MFA '21, Director of Communications
- Roger Hartley, Dean of the College of Public Affairs
- Gigi Ippolito, Assistant to the Vice President, Office of Advancement and External Relations and Committee Staff Lead
- Cynthia Jones, J.D. '92, University of Baltimore Foundation Board Member
- Sayra Meyerhoff, J.D. '78, M.S. '04, UBF Board Member
- Dan Mills, Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
- Laura Neumann, Merrick School of Business Volunteer
- Karen Rhodovi, Director of Donor Relations
- Bill Schnirel, Executive Director of Student Development
- Tim Sellers, Professor, University of Baltimore School of Law
- J.C. Weiss, Senior Lecturer, Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship, Merrick School of Business
- Randy Wells, UBalt Student
"I want to thank these individuals, who have agreed to volunteer their time and talents to this singular work," President Schmoke said.