Would you like a free VIP parking spot at UB? It's all yours—just ride a bike to campus!
Tips for cycling to campus and around town.
- Using Google Maps is a quick and easy way to get biking directions to anywhere you want to go.
- Always wear a helmet and to lock your bike up when not in use. Follow these smart cycling tips.
- Check out these local bike resources:
Biking to campus benefits you and the planet:
- Save money by not driving: Lose the expenses of gas, parking and insurance every month.
- Avoid being stuck in Baltimore traffic.
- Get into shape and feel healthier.
- Keep the planet healthy.
Register your Bicycle with UB Police
You'll submit relevant information that will be entered into a database. You'll be issued a registration sticker to put on your bike. In case of theft, the information on file may help to recover your property. The UBPD also makes bike locks are available. The UB Police are located at the Southeast corner of Mt. Royal and Charles Street.
UB Bicycling Club
The club is not geared toward racing and competition, but coming together for group rides that open to students and typically faculty and staff. It also helps make "Bike to School" day in the spring a success and to advocate for bike friendly practices at the University. To learn more visit the club Facebook page or join on Orgsync. UB Student Scott Thomsen leads the club.
There is bicycle parking racks available at most of UB's major buildings.
Indoor bicycle parking is available at the Maryland Avenue Garage (MAG). UB community members living nearby are welcome to keep their bicycles in the MAG if they register them with UB police and use them regularly.
Sheltered bicycle parking is available at the Liberal Arts & Policy (LAP) building and at the Learning Commons, facing Gordon Plaza. Most racks are visible to UB's security cameras.
Lockers and Showers
Lockers and showers are available to the UB community at the UB gym on the 4th floor of the Academic Center and the basement floor of the Angelos Law Center.
New Bicycle Infrastructure in Baltimore
Coming in 2016-17:
- Maryland Avenue Cycletrack and Downtown Bicycle Network
- Mount Royal Cycletrack
- Jones Falls Trail extension to Mount Washington
- Baltimore Bikeshare - Baltimore Bike Share is public transportation on your schedule. Grab a bike, go for a ride, give it back. You can pay for Bike Share by the month or by the trip, similar to MTA.
To keep up to date on these projects and more, sign up for Bikemore's news.
Baltimore Bicycle Shops
*closest to campus
1813 Falls Road
Baltimore, MD 21201
Broadway Bicycle Inc. (Fells Point)
415-417 S. Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231
Joe's Bike Shop (Mount Washington)
5813 Falls Road
Baltimore, MD 21209
Joe's Bike Shop (Fells Point)
723-B S. Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231