University of Baltimore
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Awards
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee supports the promotion of a culture free from discrimination, fosters an appreciation of diverse ideas and capabilities, and enhances an understanding of the global community. As part of its charge, the committee has developed criteria and process for recognizing outstanding faculty and staff members who have made significant contributions to promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
An individual nominee who has demonstrated a significant contribution toward creating a diverse and inclusive UBalt community through the implementation of policies, procedures, initiatives and/or programs in one or more of the following areas:
- Embeds diversity and inclusiveness into a structural/institutional aspect of the University (i.e. policy, procedure, tradition, process, vision statement, curriculum, etc.)
- Is an outstanding advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion at the interpersonal, unit and institutional level
- Demonstrates a commitment to the advancement of diversity and inclusion at UBalt and/or in the community through research, teaching, service and collaborative partnerships
- Creates a culture of inclusion within their areas of influence above and beyond their normal role at UBalt
- Creates a welcoming and supportive campus climate through efforts such as visibility, communication and education
- Implements initiatives that cultivate/advance/model diversity and inclusion within the Baltimore community
Eligibility and Requirements
Staff Award Any full-time or part-time individual employed at UBalt
Faculty Award Any part-time or full-time faculty member
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Awards Review Committee
DEI Committee members include representatives from the Faculty and Staff senates as well as Student Government Association.
The deadline for submission of nominations to the Office of Human Resources is Nov. 11, 2022.
Any current UBalt faculty or staff member may nominate an eligible person. To nominate an individual for an award, complete the following submission:
- A nomination letter (1,000 word maximum) describing how the nominee’s activities merit consideration for this award.
- Nomination form, including signatures as specified.
- The nomination form requires the signature of the nominee’s supervisor.
The DEI Committee will evaluate nominations, final recommendations are forwarded to the President.
Recipients will be honored during UBalt's Employee Recognition event.
The faculty and staff recipients will each receive a $1,000 cash award.
Nomination Form - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Awards Form (Note, the nomination form is a fillable PDF; enter all information directly on the form)