UBalt Connects Mentorship Program: Building a Culture of Mentorship
Mentorship Advisory Committee (MAC)
- Llatetra Brown Esters, Office of Student Support, Student Success & Support Services
- Carey Miller, Transitions and Student Success, Student Success & Support Services
- Michael Swaby-Rowe, Advising Center, Merrick School of Business
- William Schnirel, Student Development, Student Success & Support Services
- Frank van Vliet, Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship, Merrick School of Business
- Kelley Chase, Director of Alumni Relations
- Jemia Bell-Sandy, Student at the University of Baltimore
CONNECTION, CONVERSATION, AND COMPASSION
UBalt Connects is a mentorship program designed to empower students during their first-year experience to aid them in their transition to the university, connect with them services on campus, and expand their social networks and sense of belonging. By building a culture of mentoring as an institutional practice, students make connections that assist in retention and student success.
At UBalt, we define mentoring as an evolving relationship based on intentional conversations.
Contact Helen Stichel, Program Lead for Student Support, at email@example.com for more information.
A message from our president, Kurt Smoke, about the value of mentorship at the University of Baltimore: