A number of different organizations and institutions apply classifications to the University of Baltimore for various purposes—academics, grants and contracts, state and federal requirements for access to education, and so on. A select number of them include:
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching classifies UBalt as a Master's University. Get the details.
- The City of Baltimore classifies UBalt as an Anchor Institution. Learn more.
- The University of Baltimore is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- The Merrick School of Business is accredited by AACSB.
- The UBalt School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association and the Association of American Law Schools.
- NASPA-Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education has labeled UBalt a Lead Institution in Civic Engagement.
- The University of Baltimore is a member of the University System of Maryland.