You can set up Apple Mail to access your UBalt mailbox, calendar, and contacts. Once Apple Mail has been configured on your Mac, you do not need to use the Outlook Web App to access your e-mail from that device/computer. The instructions below step you through this setup.
macOS: Quick Reference for Exchange Settings in Apple Mail
Instructions for macOS (10.11 El Capitan or later):
- Click on the Apple Menu on the upper-left corner of the screen and select System Preferences.
- Click on the Internet Accounts preference pane.
- Select Exchange from the right side of the window and then enter the following:
- Name: Your Full Name
- Email Address: Your full UBalt email address (ex: email@example.com)
- Password: Your UBalt Password
- Click Continue. You will be prompted with an error, ignore it.
- Now enter Username: YourNetID@ubalt.edu (ex: ID81DV69@ubalt.edu)
- Click continue. You will see a pop-up to log into UBalt, enter your Net ID and Password. Now continue.
- You now have the option to select which UBalt account features you want access. Check the boxes for the items you would like to access:
- Mail: Access your email in Apple Mail (Recommended for Students\Staff\Faculty)
- Contacts: Load the UBalt directory into your Contacts app (Recommended for Students\Staff\Faculty)
- Calendar: Access your UBalt Calendar in your Calendar app (Recommended for Staff\Faculty)
- Notes: Your UBalt Outlook notes available in the Notes app (Only enable if you have existing notes in Outlook that you need)
- Reminders: Sync your to-do lists and tasks into the Reminders app (Only enable if you use Outlook tasks)
- Click on Done.
Configuration for Apple Mail is complete, and now you can click the Apple Mail icon from the Dock or from the Applications folder. Apple Mail can take up to 5 minutes or more to download your emails initially. After that, Apple Mail checks for new messages every few minutes.