OTS has implemented software that allows us to manage your UBalt-owned computer as though it were on campus, thereby providing enhanced support and management of UBalt-owned computers offsite. With this new software, MDM, we can push out important Windows updates, security patches, new software, and provide support via remote control when requested by you.
We are reaching out to departmental contacts now to coordinate the installations on campus computers by department. Once completed, you’ll be contacted to schedule a pick up date and time. This software can also be rolled out to UBalt-owned computers that are currently offsite. Here’s what it does…
If you need this service immediately, please contact the OTS Call Center.
Preparation and Pickup
- You request to get your computer ready for home use via the Faculty and Staff Offsite Technology Needs request form.
- We remotely connect to your computer and change settings to allow it to work off campus. In some cases, computers will need to be upgraded to a newer version of Windows and we will inform you on that process if need be.
- Your Net ID log in will no longer work on the computer so we will make a new account on it and transplant your files to it. This login will have a perpetual password and will not require change every 6 months.
- We get permission to physically go and collect the computer and required accessories you want us to retrieve (Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard). We will be accompanied by Public Safety and Facilities will be notified to sanitize the room after we leave.
- We schedule a time for you to come to campus and pick up the equipment curbside by the Law Building side door on Charles St. We will include an ethernet cable to reliably connect your computer to your home router for a more reliable connection. If you cannot set up the computer near your router, we will try to accommodate you with an accessory that will enable it to wirelessly connect.
- Once home, if you need assistance to set up your computer contact the OTS Call Center.