Applied Psychology Degree Requirements: Industrial and Organizational Psychology Concentration
- These requirements apply to students entering this program in fall 2019
Students who enrolled earlier should consult the catalog in effect at the time they enrolled.
- Read the course descriptions.
- Sample syllabi can be found be clicking on the course number.
Due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, we know it may be difficult to consider whether to apply now for fall 2020 admission to University of Baltimore’s Industrial and Organizational Psychology (IO) graduate program. Therefore, fall 2020 IO psychology courses will be offered both in person and remotely.
The 42-credit Industrial and Organizational Psychology Concentration requires the following:
Required Courses (30 credits)
- APPL 601 The Biological Basis of Behavior2
- APPL 603 Learning and Cognition2
- APPL 631 Intermediate Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences1
- APPL 632 Research Methods1
- APPL 641 Organizational Psychology
- APPL 642 Motivation, Satisfaction and Leadership
- APPL 644 Personnel Psychology
- APPL 645 Personnel Assessment
- APPL 651 Job Analysis
- APPL 655 Practical Applications in I/O Psychology
1APPL 631 and APPL 632 should be taken sequentially during your first two semesters of the program.
2Recommended substitutions are available for APPL 601 and APPL 603; APPL 609 can substitute APPL 601 and APPL 659 can substitute APPL 603.
Electives (12 credits)
Choose four of the following:
- APPL 604 Interviewing Psychology
- APPL 609 Occupational Stress and Health Psychology
- APPL 639 Special Topics: Applied Statistics
- APPL 646 Employment Law in Human Resource Management
- APPL 647 Training and Organizational Development
- APPL 649 Special Topics: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- APPL 650 Work Groups in Organizations
- APPL 652 Organizational Theory and Development
- APPL 653 Consulting Skills
- APPL 654 Survey Development and Implementation
- APPL 657 Personality at Work
- APPL 658 Change Management
- APPL 659 Cross-Cultural Organizational Psychology
- APPL 707 Practicum in Industrial Organizational Psychology (1-4 credits)
Electives can also include APPL 789 Research Proposal Development and APPL 799 Thesis in Applied Psychology, through which a thesis can be completed. Other electives are also available through the MBA program.
as of fall 2019