We are Maryland's only college dedicated to public service!
The University of Baltimore's College of Public Affairs ranked #65 nationally in U.S. News & World Report's 2023 edition of the Best Public Affairs Schools, a significant honor and testament to the quality of our programs, students and faculty.
Training the public leaders of the future.
Tomorrow's workplace is even more complex than today's. The College of Public Affairs prepares the problem-solvers who will analyze policy and lead public, nonprofit, health-care and third sector organizations of the future.
The college is home to two centers of excellence:
Center for Drug Policy and Prevention—a leading regional policy center focused on resolving the nation’s drug problems and addiction issues
- Schaefer Center for Public Policy—the preeminent public policy research center in Maryland.
Our faculty members are renowned experts in their fields and include a group of National Academy of Public Administration fellows, five University System of Maryland Board of Regents' Award winners, a Fulbright Scholar, an endowed professor and numerous Schaefer Center fellows. In the classroom, they urge you to analyze today's pressing policy issues to inform your contribution to national and international public affairs of tomorrow.
Our academic programs capitalize on the University's distinction in the fields of public administration, criminal justice and health and human services:
- Criminal Justice (M.S.)
- Cyber Forensics (M.S.)
- Global Affairs and Human Security (M.A.)
- Health Systems Management (CERT)
- Health Administration (M.S.)
- Human Services Administration (M.S.)
- Negotiations and Conflict Management (M.S.)
- Public Administration (M.P.A.)
- Public Administration (doctorate/ D.P.A.)
- Public Safety Leadership (CERT)
- Trauma-Informed (CERT)
- Crime Scene Investigation (Upper-Division Certificate)
- Criminal Justice (B.S.)
- Cyber Forensics (B.S.)
- Forensic Document Analysis (Upper-Division Certificate)
- Forensic Studies (B.S.)
- Health Management (B.S.)
- Human Services Administration (B.A.)
- Policy, Politics and International Affairs (B.A.)
- Public Service
- Victim Studies
- see the complete list minors at UBalt
Learn more about the schools within the college: