Cyber Forensics Degree Requirements
- These requirements apply to students entering this program in fall 2020 and thereafter. Students who enrolled earlier should consult the catalog in effect at the time they enrolled.
- Read the course descriptions.
General Education Requirements (38 credits)
General Education requirements for all new students entering UB in fall 2017 and after.
- General Education requirements for all students who entered UB in fall 2016 and spring 2017.
- General Education requirements for all students who entered UB between fall 2014 and spring 2016.
Cyber Forensics Program Requirements (42 credits)
The program requires the successful completion of 14 three-credit core courses:
- FSCS 305 Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
- FSCS 310 Cyber Crime and the Law
- FSCS 315 Operating System Forensics
- FSCS 330 Mobile Forensics
- FSCS 345 Network Forensics
- FSCS 360 Advanced Python for Cyber Forensics
- FSCS 375 Fundamentals of Cryptography
- FSCS 390 Ethical Hacking
- FSCS 415 Forensic Investigations
- FSCS 445 Forensic Data Analysis
- FSCS 480 Forensic Documentation
- FSCS 482 Moot Court
- FSCS 487 Field Internship in Forensic Science
- FSCS 490 Forensic Incident Response - Capstone