At UBalt, we recognize the importance of enhancing the knowledge base of our students through global field studies.
Each year, we have many opportunities to learn more about how business is conducted around the world. The Merrick School of Business offers Global Field Studies for academic credit.
Course Pre-requisites: MGMT 302 for undergraduates and MGMT 605 for graduate students.
2021 Global Field Study Announcement
Due to the continued worldwide COVID-19 Pandemic, the Merrick School of Business will not offer any out-of-country Global Field Study opportunities in 2021.
Spring Break- Virtual Global Field Study, Mar.15-21, 2021
How Do I Register for a 2020 Global Field Study?
All documents should go directly to Kathea Smith. assistant dean (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Complete the
Global Field Study Approval Form
- Complete Wright Global Business Scholarship application. Award amounts up to $1,200 for eligible Merrick School of Business students. Once awarded a scholarship, complete and sign the Wright Global Scholar Acceptance of Terms .
- Pay non-refundable initial deposit of travel fees to the travel provider coordinating the field study. The Office of the Dean / Kathea Smith will send payment and course registration instructions to you.
- Pay remaining travel charges to the travel provider according to the payment schedule.
- Complete the Global Field Study Approval Form
Follow these steps after you have been accepted to participate in a Global Field Study course.
Once you have been accepted to participate in one of our Global Field Study courses, you'll need to follow the next few steps to ensure a safe and satisfying educational experience.
1. Register through WorldStrides (our travel partner) and pay the initial deposit by the published deadline. You'll receive a unique url to register.
2. Register for MGMT 498/798 for the appropriate semester. A permission will be placed in the system and you will be notified when to register.
3. If you do not have a passport or it will expire soon, get started on completing that process.
4. If you will need a Visa, start working with the embassy now in case extra documentation is needed. Pay the remaining amount for the trip, if required. (Not all trips have an additional payment required after the initial deposit.)
5. Complete and submit the following documents:
- Wright Global Scholarship acceptance of terms document
- Trip Release Form
- Risk Release Form
- Emergency Contact Form
6. Consult with your personal physician regarding any additional medications you may need or concerns regarding your international travel including any vaccinations you may need to receive.
7. Complete and submit proof of the following: