One of the most innovative undergraduate entrepreneurship programs in North America, right here in Baltimore.
The Entrepreneurship Fellows Program at UBalt offers a new way to educate the next generation of entrepreneurs. The program balances classroom theory with periods of practical, hands-on experience, prior to graduation. Through the Fellows Program, students are able to engage in an alternative academic study—gaining practical experience by working side-by-side with expert entrepreneurs and faculty.
Thanks to the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation, these student entrepreneurs are able to fully fund four semesters of their education (and some other expenses) while building their business.
The scholarship is a key element for the program’s success. The Ratcliffe Fellows, or "E-Fellows," as we sometimes call them, are expected to launch a new venture on or before graduation. Allowing our students to focus on building their ventures and not worrying about funding their education provides another layer of support for their success.
The Entrepreneurship Fellows Program will consist of three elements that research indicates are significantly more likely to produce graduates who will become expert entrepreneurs. These elements are:
- rigorous and distinctive admissions standards;
- apprenticeship with gazelles (rapidly growing new ventures); and
- intensive, complementary instruction utilizing the tutorial model.
Top Reasons to Apply to the University of Baltimore's Entrepreneurship Fellow Program
- You like unconventional learning experiences.
- You're ready to take your business idea to the next level.
- Two years of scholarship funding would help your budget.
- You see having a serial entrepreneur as a mentor as an advantage.
- You enjoy a challenge.
- Priority will be given to those applicants who (1) apply to the University of Baltimore and (2) submit their Entrepreneurship Fellows application during the spring semester. Find the application to the Fellows Program here.
- If you have any questions, please direct them to Professor J.C. Weiss at email@example.com.