Turner Research and Travel Awards for AY 2017-2018
We are pleased to announce the availability of funds to support student travel and research related to academic work at the University of Baltimore. Undergraduate, graduate, full-time, and part-time students from all colleges of the university are invited to apply. Special consideration will be given to students in honors programs. Funds may be requested to support travel to academic and professional conferences, specialized study and learning programs, as well as travel to special collections and locations which enable the student to do primary research. There will be two deadlines for submission for this academic year: Nov. 7, 2017 (now closed) and April 1, 2018.
Please download and complete the application. A letter of recommendation from the UB faculty sponsor is required, and up to two additional letters of reference may be included. Please note that students who are awarded funds may be required to pay some or all of their expenses up front and request reimbursement from the University upon return from their research experience.
Successful applicants must submit a report of their activity within sixty days of the project’s completion to the Council on Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity and may be asked to make a scholarly presentation to the UB community on the results of their activities. Participation in Inspired Discoveries: UB’s Undergraduate Symposium for Research and Creative Works is strongly encouraged for undergraduate recipients. Participation in the RED Talks is strongly encouraged for graduate student recipients.
Instructions for student applicants:
- Download and complete the application form. Please make sure to include your student ID information.
- Submit the completed application form to email@example.com no later than midnight on April 1, 2018.
- Touch base with your faculty advisor and facilitate a letter of recommendation for the proposed activity.
Instructions for Faculty:
- Review the merits of the proposed activity with your student
- Submit a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include in the subject line “[Your student’s last name] – Letter of Recommendation”
For any questions, please contact Matt Poland at email@example.com, 410 837 6199,
or Margarita Cardona at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 410 837 6191