Alumni Association Ambassadors (AAA)
Objective: The purpose of this program is to form a stronger connection between alumni and students. Ambassadors are student representatives whose primary goal is to inform alumni about student life and campus initiatives. The University of Baltimore Alumni Association (UBAA) and the Office of Alumni Relations values the perspectives and experiences of UB students. It’s essential to have student representation at alumni events & programming. Student ambassadors will represent the UBAA at university events and be responsible for assisting with alumni and donor relations initiatives that extend beyond event participation.
About the UBAA: When you receive your degree, you automatically join the network of over 50,000 alumni. The UBAA keeps the connection alive between the University and its alumni and helps mobilize alumni support for the University. The UBAA provides alumni with valuable benefits, services, events, volunteer opportunities and other resources to make their UB experience a life-long relationship.
Benefits of becoming an Alumni Association Ambassador:
- Interact with distinguished alumni, donors, staff and faculty
- Develop a wide range of transferable skills to strengthen your resume
- Gain exposure to unique leadership and networking opportunities
- Receive UB swag
Candidate Requirements: Qualified candidates should be exemplary students who maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA. Candidates must be passionate about UB, actively involved in campus activities and display strong networking and communication skills. Position requires a commitment of one academic year (spring and fall semesters). All ambassadors must share course schedules with supervisor.
Supervisor: Erica Wienholt, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, 410.837.5508, email@example.com
- Attend one mandatory orientation session (per academic year) and one additional meeting per semester.
- Volunteer a minimum of 6 hours per semester. Hours must be reported to staff supervisor if activity is not hosted by the UBAA. Hours can be earned by attending events and meetings or by helping with other UBAA initiatives (TBD).
- Develop positive relationships with students, alumni, faculty, and staff; engage & network with UB graduates to build relationships and effectively educate alumni on University news, especially the student experience.
- Respectfully represent the University at alumni events and interact with event guests; appropriate and professional dress required.
- Assist the Office of Alumni Relations staff with duties and tasks related to event preparation.
- Spread the mission and value of the UBAA at student events by educating fellow students about the alumni association and community.
- Promote UBAA events to current students, when appropriate.
- Serve as a content contributor to UBAA social media accounts and share content from UBAA accounts to personal networks.
Student ambassadors are expected to attend a selection of the following events, to be determined by supervisor:
Alumni Events (as of January 2017)
- Alumni Appreciation Calling Night (spring and fall)
- A Celebration of Generosity (March 23)
- Annual Spring Happy Hour featuring the UB deans as guest bartenders (March 29)
- USM Event at the Baltimore Zoo (April 27)
- Annual Goodbye & Hello Celebration: A Reception for New Graduates (May)
- UB Night at Camden Yards (May 9)
- Alumni BBQ in Alexandria (September)
- Young Alumni Reception (fall)
- Fuel for Finals
- Grad Fair
- Commencement Reception
- Admissions-related events (as needed)
- Career Center events (as needed)
Exact dates will be provided at our earliest convenience.
To apply, please submit the following to the program supervisor, Erica Wienholt, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a brief biography
- an explanation that addresses why you believe you’d be a good AAA