Certificate in Business in Fundamentals
The graduate certificate in Business Fundamentals emphasizes student choice in fulfilling career needs. This certificate is designed primarily for participants interested in learning some of the basic concepts of business or who are considering the eventual completion of an MBA, but desire a sampling of courses. Local, national and international organizations frequently consider the Business Fundamentals as an option for maintaining the currency of their human capital.
Everything you need to know about the Graduate Business Fundamentals Certificate.
To receive a Certificate in Accounting Fundamentals, you must complete eight of the following courses and maintain a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.0 for courses taken in the certificate program. The coursework must be completed after you have received a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Required courses (12 credits):
- ACCT 505 ¦ Introduction to Accounting (1.5 cr)
- ECON 505 ¦ Microeconomics (1.5 cr)
- ECON 506 ¦ Macroeconomics (1.5 cr)
- FIN 505 ¦ Financial Management (1.5 cr) (prerequisites: ACCT 505 and ECON 505)
- MKTG 505 ¦ Marketing Essentials (1.5 cr)
- OPM 505 ¦ Introduction to Operations Management (1.5 cr)
- OPRE 505 ¦ Fundamentals of Statistics (1.5)
- OPRE 506 ¦ Managerial Statistics (1.5) (prerequisite: OPRE 505)
Browse the course descriptions of all courses that the Merrick School of Business offers, or view the course catalog
The following is required for Admission into the Certificate Program:
- Application: Complete your application. Questions about the application should be directed to the Office of Graduate and International Admissions (410.837.6565).
- Personal Statement: Detail your reasons for seeking a graduate business education, your short-and long-term professional and personal goals, and how you think this graduate program will help you achieve them. Provide any additional information highlighting unique aspects of your candidacy to the Admissions Committee. Please limit statement to 1,000 words.
- Transcripts: Submit two copies of official transcripts from all institutions attended. Applicants to the graduate business certificate programs are required to have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Letters of Recommendation: Provide two letters of recommendation addressing your abilities to successfully complete a graduate business program.
- Resume: Provide a current resume detailing employment history (including dates, titles, responsibilities, and community activities.
- GMAT: The GMAT is not required for applicants to the graduate business certificate programs.
Gainful Employment InformationGainful employment information is provided to help you make an informed decision about this certificate program related to time and resources required to complete the program and possible employment outcomes.