Certificate in Organizational Leadership
The Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership is designed to enhance the leadership acumen of business professionals like you. Whether you have an extensive background in business or are still learning the basics, this certificate will help you increase your understanding of the concepts and tools needed for effective leadership.
Everything you need to know about the Certificate in Organizational Leadership
To receive a Certificate in Organizational Leadership, you must complete 12 credits of coursework and maintain a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.0 for courses taken in the certificate program. The coursework must be completed after you have received a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Required Courses (7.5 credits):
- MGMT 605 ¦ Leading with Integrity (1.5 cr)
- MGMT 730 ¦ Leadership, Learning, and Change (3 cr)
- MGMT 731 ¦ Leadership Seminar (3 cr)
Choose 4.5 credits from the following:
- ENTR 605 ¦ Creativity and the Entrepreneurial Mindset (1.5 cr) or another 1.5-credit course with the permission of the department chair.
- MGMT 615 ¦ Managing in a Dynamic Environment (3 cr)
- MGMT 625 ¦ Collaboration, Negotiation and Conflict Management ( 3 cr)
- MGMT 732 ¦ Leadership: Self-organization and the firm (3 cr)
- MGMT 760 ¦ Organizational creativity, change, and entrepreneurship (3 cr)
Browse the course descriptions of all courses that the Merrick School of Business offers, or view the course catalog
The following is required for Admission into the Certificate Program:
- Application: Complete your application. Questions about the application should be directed to the Office of Graduate and International Admissions (410.837.6565).
- Personal Statement: Detail your reasons for seeking a graduate business education, your short-and long-term professional and personal goals, and how you think this graduate program will help you achieve them. Provide any additional information highlighting unique aspects of your candidacy to the Admissions Committee. Please limit statement to 1,000 words.
- Transcripts: Submit two copies of official transcripts from all institutions attended. Applicants to the graduate business certificate programs are required to have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Letters of Recommendation: Provide two letters of recommendation addressing your abilities to successfully complete a graduate business program.
- Resume: Provide a current resume detailing employment history (including dates, titles, responsibilities, and community activities.
- GMAT: The GMAT is not required for applicants to the graduate business certificate programs.
Gainful Employment InformationGainful employment information is provided to help you make an informed decision about this certificate program related to time and resources required to complete the program and possible employment outcomes.