Click here to view a list of current vacancies.
Enrollment Management Data Analyst
Office of the Vice President for Enrollment Management
Vacancy Number 301133
Position Type: Regular, full-time exempt position with full, competitive benefits package
Opens: 04/02/21 Closes: 04/26/21
Salary: $55,000 - $70,000
The Enrollment Management Data Analyst position is responsible for designing, conducting, and summarizing analytics related to student recruiting and admission, retention, student information, enrollment management, financial aid, performance benchmarking, peer analysis, and other areas as required. The Enrollment Management Data Analyst position will provide advanced quantitative and qualitative data analysis and provide data-driven advice for EM departments. They will work closely with the institution’s admission, enrollment, and student financial services teams to optimize the methods used for extracting, merging, and storing relevant data for analysis purposes. The Enrollment Management Data Analyst reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and works closely with the Associate Vice President for EM, and the Directors of Admission, Financial Aid, and the University Registrar.
We look forward to receiving your required electronic application with a cover letter and resume and learning about your interest in and qualifications for our vacancy. Please save your required cover letter and resume as one document and attach it in the resume location.
Data Management and Integrity
• Maintains the integrity of enrollment management and admission databases by ensuring the accuracy of data, developing error reports as needed, and fixing data errors and inconsistencies.
• In collaboration with the EM leadership, conducts regular departmental data audits for accuracy, consistency and to flag any anomalies in data formatting and information coding.
• Collaborate with intra- and inter-departmental colleagues in streamlining, standardizing, optimizing, and validating data related processes.
• Monitors data integration and ensures consistency between disparate systems.
• In collaboration with OTS manages enrollment data with third party partners with agreed upon protocols and necessary data exports.
• Build, create, and deploy data models to visualize, analyze, predict, and identify key trends.
• Manage data collection processes and procedures across the division.
• Establishes admission best practices using available tools for analytics and reporting; develops key performance indicators for the Division.
• Interpret, communicate, and apply results of data analysis to inform day to day enrollment management functions.
• Design, generate, and produce standard and custom analytical reports summarizing transactional data to support the operations of enrollment management.
• Investigate and resolve data quality issues and escalate situations according to department processes.
• Perform business requirements gathering and analysis, and clearly communicate findings and process improvement recommendations to various stakeholders.
• In collaboration with admission, ensure the accuracy of data in admission CRM and student information system by developing reports and methods to check for discrepancies.
Report Writing and Analysis
• Working with the Vice President of Enrollment Management, and in collaboration with the Academic Deans and the Budget office will develop annual and long-range enrollment projections, and net tuition forecasting.
• Provides immediate ad hoc information and reports as requested by the senior EM leadership.
• Produces statistical and analytical reports, data visualizations, and presentations for the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
• Obtain, analyze, and utilize relevant primary and secondary data to inform planning, decision making, and management practice for the Vice President and EM senior leadership.
• Develop and maintain an annual enrollment report for the Vice President.
• Write queries and extracts data sets from various systems including customer relationship management (CRM), student information system (SIS), and financial aid system using query management tools as needed and requested by the Vice President.
• Performs statistical analysis of data and organizes the results into meaningful reports that can be acted upon by the enrollment management leadership team, internal and external constituencies (high school counselors for example).
Collaboration with OIR
• Assists in defining and setting enrollment management standards for data validation and data integrity.
• Ensures accurate enrollment data for census and supervising the correction of any data errors.
• Complete competitor and market share analyses and research national higher education trends to assist with strategic planning and decision making.
• Design and maintain appropriate maps, graphs, and develop dashboards that provide clear, accessible statistics for decision-makers.
• Utilize and analyze predictive data modeling to forecast enrollment, retention, graduation, and finances. When necessary, provide end user training and support on reporting tools.
Recruitment and Market Analysis
• Works closely with University Marketing to cull data pertaining to admissions and financial aid; compiles and analyzes data for reporting; and shares suggestions and insights to improve future Marketing and Communication pieces.
• Develops and maintains a data collection, analysis and reporting plan to cover recruitment and admissions activities, and effectiveness of various recruitment and marketing efforts.
• Evaluate the impact of university communications, recruitment travel, and admission events on prospect-to-applicant conversion rates and admitted student yield rates.
• Research UBalt’s market position of cross applicant and aspirant institutions through the Clearinghouse National Student Tracker, and College Board as well as other industry robust assessment tools.
• Create and generate ongoing recruitment, application, and enrollment reports to support admission activities, decision making and enrollment strategies.
• Regularly monitor admission and enrollment data throughout the cycle to detect anomalies or changes in trends that could indicate changes in student behavior.
• Develop and maintain ability to utilize data for effective analysis of admissions activities and enrollment communications.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Data Science, Communication, Design or related field. Three years of progressively responsible experience in admission analytics reporting work.
Master’s degree in Analytics or related field/discipline and project management experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Motivated self-starter and demonstrated leadership capacity.
• Team player with admissions experience. Must be able to foster positive working relationships with direct reports, departmental colleagues, and various campus partners. Must be able to build consensus among groups with diverse priorities.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of best practices for enrollment data.
• Must be organized, able to prioritize workload, and juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to use data to develop and evaluate strategies.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Query writing
The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
We appreciate your interest in our recruitment. Please review the information below before you visit http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html to apply.
We need to receive your electronic application in our system by the vacancy closing date in order to consider you for the vacancy. Information follows about submitting the electronic application and attaching your required cover letter and resume.
Applicant Instructions: Using Candidate Gateway to View and Apply for UB Vacancies
The Candidate Gateway system serves as your connection to the University of Baltimore’s job application process. It is a free, safe and secure way for you to apply for the job you want, and it allows the Office of Human Resources to maintain accurate records. Your use of the system does not require you to surrender any of your rights to privacy or confidentiality during the application process. Only qualified members of UB’s Human Resources team and members of the relevant search committee can access your application information. The search committee will not have access to any information you provide to HR for affirmative action reporting purposes.
Please read and print the information below before you apply, and refer to it as you enter your application.
A - COVER LETTER AND RESUME ATTACHMENT AND UPLOAD
Before you apply:
• Save one PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered.
When you apply:
•In Candidate Gateway: Click “Browse” to access the Word or PDF document you saved with all of your documents.
•Then, click “Upload” to attach it.
•Click “Continue” to continue the application process.
B - ENTER DATA ON THE FOLLOWING PAGES:
Each page shows this display:
Previous Save Submit Close Application Careers Home NEXT
above and below the required data for the four categories shown above.
Click “Save” to save the data you entered on that page. The message “You have successfully submitted your job application.” confirms only that you entered that page of information into the system. You must click “Next” to continue and complete the entire application process.
1. Current and Prior Employment/Work Experience:
•Enter employment information relevant to your position of interest.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•After you enter your work experience, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
2. Education/Education History and References:
•Use the dropdown to enter your highest education level. Entering this information is required.
•Then, only college and university information is required. Click the plus sign to the left of the “Postsecondary Education” link to enter that information.
•For country, enter USA or click the hourglass to select another country.
•You can use the first day of the month wherever dates are required.
•Click the plus sign to the left of "References" to enter two professional references.
•After you enter your education information and references, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
3. How did you find out about us/how did you find out about the job?
•After you enter this information, click “Save,” then click “Next.”
4. Online Questionnaire/Application Questionnaire: Answer the questions requiring a yes or no response. After you answer them, click “Submit.” This leads you to the Submit Online Application page.
C – SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply for your selected job: When you reach the “Submit Online Application” page shown below, you must click “I agree to these terms” and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the screen. After you click “Submit,” then you will see this information at the top of your screen:
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Baltimore. HR will process your application documents for the search committee’s consideration.
Note: This screen will also show additional information about the selection process and Office of Human Resources contact information.
If you have trouble viewing our job postings or applying for the vacancy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
External applicants: Review the vacancy announcement at http://www.ubalt.edu/candidate_gateway/erecruit.html and click the external applicant link to apply.
Internal applicants (students taking classes at UB and current employees) with login and password for MyUB: use the internal applicant link, log into My UB, then click the “View or Apply for Job Positions” link on the left.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
- Never use the Internet Explorer “Back” and “Forward” arrows to navigate. You will lose the information you have submitted.
- To navigate between pages, use the “Next,” “Previous,” and “Return to Previous Page” buttons.
- Use the “Save” button to save your information so you can return to it later and complete your application. Using “Save” does not complete the process to apply for a job opening.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution. The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices.