In response to COVID-19, several Internet Services Providers and mobile phone providers started offering special services to improve access to the Internet.
- XFinity offering free out-of-home WiFi and expanding its access to its low cost Internet Essentials program.
- Phone providers such as Sprint and T-Mobile increasing hot spot allocations.
- Some counties, such as Baltimore County, providing WiFi from their parking lots.
You can check with your service provider for COVID-related services or service upgrades they make available to their clients. Other options to consider include:
- Checking services listed here for inexpensive Internet plans, income based programs, and low-income family plans.
- Opting for a pre-paid hotspot to avoid lengthy contracts:
Before signing up for any plan, be sure to check the coverage area!