New features as of October 29, 2019:
- 'External" being added to subject and body of external email sent to UB addresses.
- Updated Feature: Updated SharePoint start page experience - The roll out will be completed worldwide by the end of November. The SharePoint start page, previously known as SharePoint home, has a new look and feel. This is the personalized SharePoint page that users see when clicking on SharePoint in Office.com or the Office 365 app launcher. https://support.office.com/article/your-new-sharepoint-start-page-5ffd35a6-9fd8-47a4-900d-c548208d092e
- Anti-spoofing enforcement actions - https://docs.microsoft.com/office365/securitycompliance/anti-spoofing-protection
- Skype for Business Online is retiring - As Teams has become the core communications client for Office 365, we are announcing that Skype for Business Online will retire on July 31, 2021. We actively encourage all customers to plan and execute their upgrade to Teams today. https://aka.ms/sfboannounce
- Windows 7 End of Support and Office 365 ProPlus - As announced previously, Windows 7 will be out of support after January 14, 2020. Using Office 365 ProPlus on older, unsupported operating systems may cause performance and reliability issues over time. https://docs.microsoft.com/deployoffice/windows-7-support
- New Feature: Time-saving updates for Outlook mobile help you be better prepared - We'll begin rolling out Meeting Insights and time zone support in early November.
a. Introducing Meeting Insights - Email and documents that are relevant to your upcoming meetings will begin to appear in your Outlook calendar event details.
b. Introducing time zone support - You will be able to designate a different time zone when scheduling a new event in Outlook for iOS and Android. This will make it easier to schedule events and meetings with co-workers in a different time zones.
Office 365 Roadmap
The Office 365 Roadmap lists updates that are currently planned for applicable subscribers. Updates are at various stages from being in development to rolling-out to customers to being generally available for applicable customers world-wide, please click here.
Office 365 Benefits
Office 365 is delivered to students, staff, and faculty through the cloud and includes access to Microsoft Office as well as Web-based versions of the Microsoft Office suite. In addition, Office 365 users have access to Skype for Business, OneDrive, and OneNote. Through the cloud service, Office applications can be accessed over the Internet from anywhere at anytime.
Office 365 offers many benefits:
- Provides students the cloud-based services they have been requesting.
- Everyone has 50 GB of storage for email.
- Everyone receives cloud-based personal file storage on OneDrive.
For more information about Office 365, please click here.
Contact the OTS Call Center with questions, comments or feedback.