Resources for UBalt alumni during COVID-19 pandemic
The information below is intended to keep UBalt’s Alumni community aware of additional resources available during the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information about the University’s response to this situation, visit our COVID-19 updates web page.
For more updates, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We strongly encourage alumni to update contact information during this time and keep in touch with us. Please contact email@example.com to share news, comment or ask questions.
CAREER AND EMPLOYMENT
The Career and Internship Center welcomes alumni to utilize its job bank, referral system, resource library and other career-oriented services and programs. Alumni are encouraged to join UBworks, a comprehensive online database designed to assist alumni with exploring career opportunities and learn about virtual events/programs.
ROBERT L. BOGOMOLNY LIBRARY SERVICES & RESOURCES
1. Free and affordable internet options: technology services.
2. Booklist: All Booklist and Book Links content is available for free until August 31, 2020. Booklist is a book-review magazine that has been published by the American Library Association for more than 100 years, and is widely viewed as offering the most reliable reviews to help libraries decide what to buy and to help library patrons and students decide what to read, view, or listen to.
3. JSTOR: Free access to public health journals through December 31, 2020.
4. National Emergency Library: This is a collection of ebooks that supports emergency remote teaching, research activities, independent scholarship and intellectual stimulation while universities, schools, training centers and libraries are closed. One borrower at a time, there may be a waiting list.
5. National Film Board of Canada: This collection has over 4,000 films, documentaries and short pieces available to stream for free. This includes Indigenous Cinema, a library of over 200 films by indigenous directors.
6. Gale's COVID-19 Support Center: For a limited time, GALE has made a set of resources about teaching and learning online and credible health information available for free. If prompted for a password, enter "open".
8. Flipster: Free access to EBSCO's Flipster until June 30, 2020. Flipster provides digital versions of hundreds of popular magazines.
9. Lionsgate Live at the Movies, Fridays at 9 p.m. ET: A star-studded celebration of the theatrical film-going experience hosted by Jamie Lee Curtis and brought to you free via livestream.
10. Become More of an Art Expert From Home: The Museum of Modern Art in New York (MoMA) is offering a series of online art courses, free of charge. Review the options available as online multi-class courses.
SCHOOL OF LAW LIBRARY
The Law Library will provide a temporary password to alumni for Westlaw Patron Access. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
UB LAW CONNECT
Provides a more user-friendly interface, simplifying and enhancing the experience for our employers and alumni-job seekers.
Professional, innovative, and passionate – these, as you know, are just a few characteristics that define UBalt Law students and alumni. As leaders in the legal community, you have a unique opportunity to share your expertise.
To use UBalt Law Connect to post internship, externship, and job opportunities for students and alumni, please register using your business email. To sign up, please visit our website and click "Sign up for an account."
For Alumni-Job Seekers
In addition to career counseling, the Law Career Development Office (LCDO) offers alumni access to UBalt Law Connect to search for employment opportunities.
To obtain access, please complete this form. Once your alumni status is verified, the LCDO will create an Alumni-Job Seeker profile for you and send you an email with instructions to finish setting up your account.
We hope you enjoy using UBalt Law Connect to meet your recruitment and job-seeking needs. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.
Whether you’re a recent graduate, are considering returning to UBalt, or continuing your graduate study in a new field or level, this is all about you. The Office of Admission is available to speak with you by email, phone, LiveChat and Zoom to assist you in your admission needs.
ALUMNI AND STUDENT INVOLVEMENT
The Rosenberg Center for Student Engagement and Inclusion welcomes alumni to participate in upcoming virtual activities from UBalt and around the globe, such as virtual hangouts, movie watch parties, museum tours, trivia and more! Please visit www.ubalt.edu/csi for updates regarding these programs.