Rajesh Mirani, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Information Systems
- Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management, Indian Institute of Management
- B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology
Rajesh Mirani is Associate Professor of information systems. His current research interests are oriented towards performance and public policy implications of infrastructural IT projects, including electronic health records in hospitals, and �steady state� IT investments in the federal government. His recent research publications have appeared in outlets such as ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, International Journal of Information Management, Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research, and Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce.
Dr. Mirani served as Co-Chair of the UB-Towson MBA Redesign Committee in AY 2014-2015, and Chair of the Merrick School Mission Task Force in AY 2015-2016. He was President of the Merrick School of Business Faculty Senate in AYs 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, and 2018-19, as well as before that in AYs 2007-08 and AY 2008-09. More recently, he has served on the Merrick School Strategic Planning Committee, the University of Baltimore's Academic Policy Committee, and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents' Academic Portfolio Taskforce.
1) Business-IT alignment.
2) Project performance in public sector IT initiatives.
3) Hospital adoption and outcomes of electronic health records (EHR).
4) IT offshoring governance and management.
1) Information Technology for Business Transformation.
2) Python Programming for Data Analytics
3) Systems Analysis
Research in Progress
"A longitudinal Analysis of the Impact of Electronic Health Records on Hospital Readmissions Rates and Mortality Scores" (On-Going)
This is a planned Tier 3 submission.