Certificate in Organizational Leadership
The Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership is designed to enhance the leadership acumen of business professionals like you. Whether you have an extensive background in business or are still learning the basics, this certificate will help you increase your understanding of the concepts and tools needed for effective leadership.
Everything you need to know about the Graduate Organizational Leadership Certificate.
Certificate RequirementsTo receive a Certificate in Organizational Leadership, you must complete 12 credits of coursework and maintain a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.0 for courses taken in the certificate program. The coursework must be completed after you have received a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Browse the course descriptions of all courses that the Merrick School of Business offers, or view the course catalog.
Required Courses 7.5 credits.
COurse Title Credits Note MGMT 605 Leading With Integrity 1.5 MGMT 730 Leadership, Learning, and Change 3 MGMT 731 Leadership Seminar 3
Choose 4.5 credits from the following:
Course TITLE Credits Note ENTR 605 Creativity and the Entrepreneurial Mindset
another 1.5-credit course with the permission of the department chair.
MGMT 615 Managing in a Dynamic Environment 3 MGMT 625 Collaboration, Negotiation and Conflict Management 3 ENTR 750 Leading and Managing Innovation 3
The following is required for Admission into the Certificate Program:
- Application: Complete your application. Questions about the application should be directed to the Office of Graduate and International Admissions (410.837.6565).
- Personal Statement: Detail your reasons for seeking a graduate business education, your short-and long-term professional and personal goals, and how you think this graduate program will help you achieve them. Provide any additional information highlighting unique aspects of your candidacy to the Admissions Committee. Please limit statement to one page of text. Send the statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts: Submit two copies of official transcripts from all institutions attended. Applicants to the graduate business certificate programs are required to have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0. Send the transcripts to email@example.com.
- Letters of Recommendation: Provide one letter of recommendation addressing your abilities to successfully complete a graduate business program. Send the recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resume: Provide a current resume detailing employment history (including dates, titles, responsibilities, and community activities. Send the resume to email@example.com.
- GMAT: The GMAT is not required for applicants to the graduate business certificate programs.
Gainful Employment InformationGainful employment information is provided to help you make an informed decision about this certificate program related to time and resources required to complete the program and possible employment outcomes.
The Merrick School of Business has several program offerings for graduate students.
Master's Degree Programs
M.S in Nonprofit Management and Social Entrepreneurship (offered jointly with UB's College of Public Affairs)
M.S. in Taxation (offered jointly with UB's School of Law)
Graduate Certificate Programs
The following post-baccalaureate certificates are linked to the MBA program.
The following post-baccalaureate certificates are linked to the M.S. in Accounting and Business Advisory Services program.
Master's Advantage (a post-graduate, non-degree program)