2017 Rise to the Challenge Winner: Brittany DeNovellis
Brittany along with her team have built Project Kitchen X, a community-driven, worker-owned kitchen cooperative focused on empowering refugee and immigrant women by tapping into their passion for cooking, self-expression, and creating community.
Below are the remaining 6 Finalist of the 2017 Rise to the Challenge competition:
- Mustafa Wahid. TransitioningU, an online structure support system providing assistance to students transitioning to college.
- Hiba Mohammad. Asli Fashion, a modestly designed active wear company that caters to Muslim women.
- Shane Yaeger.ShortKlips, a cost-effective, easy to use, digital platform that helps brands turn their raw video into usable social media content.
- Brian Kochesfahani. BLOX, a complimentary, block-to-block transportation service intended to chauffeur people to and from all of Baltimore's historic sights, sport stadiums, festivals, hotels, restaurants and pubs using luxury, street legal, 6 seater golf carts.
- Kelsey Griffin. His team produces 3D interactive video games. Their current project is Inkwell.
- Ryan Schuman. PlayMore Entertainment, LLC, a collection of mobile rental activity brands that offer active, unique, and fun events for any occasion