Community Reporting Portal
The Community Reporting Portal has been created to serve as a hub for web-based reporting of specific incidents or concerns. As additional processes or forms are created they will continue to be updated here.
Please note that the Community Reporting Portal is NOT for emergency assistance. Do not use this portal to report events presenting an immediate threat. If you require emergency assistance, please dial 911 for the University of Maryland, Baltimore Police Department or local emergency personnel.
The Office of Student Support oversees the Academic Integrity Policy, Code of Conduct and other student policies. Our responsibilities include investigating complaints filed against students, connecting students with resources on and off campus including the Student Assistance Program, adjudication of cases and monitoring student completion of assigned sanctions.
- Bias Experience Report Form
- Compass Case Management Referral Form
- Non-Discrimination Policy and Procedures- Complaints of Discrimination Against Students
- Student Conduct Referral Form
- Honor Code Referrals for the UBalt School of Law (Overseen by School of Law)
Each UBalt faculty and staff member has an important role in making our campus community a unique, exciting and innovative workplace. Maintaining a productive and positive relationships is key in empowering our workforce to accomplish UBalt's mission and vision.
- Non-Discrimination Complaint Form (Complaints against Staff and Faculty)
- Non-Emergency Crime Report Form
- Feedback and Suggestions (Can be used to provide commendations or report complaints about UMBPD employees)
- Campus Text Alert System (Icon can also be found in the MyUBalt Portal)
If you would like to discuss an incident, but do not want to notify the University, you should contact a confidential resource.
Not sure where to report?
If you are unsure about where to submit your concern, please utilize one of the following emails to inquire about how to make a report.