Your pathway to success
Important News and Information
- University of Baltimore will be test score optional for freshmen admission consideration for spring 2021 and fall 2021 enrollment.Contact your personal admission counselor for additional information and plan to attend one of our information sessions. Apply now for spring 2021 and fall 2021.
- UB has two new options for freshman students: the B.S. in Forensic Studies, Police Science Track and the B.S. in Cyber Forensics. Both degrees will prepare you for in-demand jobs in an exciting career field.
- Our Finish4Free program provides a tuition-free final semester for students who are on track to graduate in four years.
- Incoming freshmen are also automatically considered for merit-based scholarships for four years of enrollment.
- View our freshman brochure to learn more
At UB, your college experience is focused on preparing you for a job in a high-demand industry. So we've created a groundbreaking freshman program to make that happen.
Just select a UB Professional Pathway. You'll then be paired with a personal academic counselor and will explore career options with a career coach. You will participate in professional speaker series, networking opportunities, community-focused projects and workshops—all aligned with career fields.
From the start, you'll be grouped with other students who share your broad area of career interest. If you haven't yet declared a major, it's OK. You'll still enter one of five UB Professional Pathways that provide the opportunity to explore majors within these career clusters:
- Law, Justice and Public Affairs
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Communication and Design
- Psychology, Health and Human Services
- Cybersecurity, Gaming and Technology.
The freshman year at UB is built around an academic program that stresses experiential learning opportunities, learning communities, connections, support and career preparation. You'll spend your first two years fulfilling general education requirements and exploring your career interests while staying on course to either graduate in four years or continue on an accelerated pathway to your master's or law degree, saving you time and money. Learn more about the benefits of the UB Professional Pathways.
themed learning communities
As the foundation of your freshman year at UB, learning communities offer a series of thematically linked classes that enable you to apply principles to real-world scenarios. Previous themes have included:
- Baltimore: Riots and Rebirth
- Speaking and Writing Under the City Lights
- The Dynamics of Crime and Punishment
- Business Leadership in a Borderless World
- Thriving in a Digital Economy—iPad, eBook, uThink.
THE CITY IS YOUR CAMPUS
It’s easy to see why UB is rated the second best college location in Maryland. Baltimore is one of the top 10 major U.S. cities in which to attend college. Restaurants, museums and nightlife are just steps away from campus, and a free, 10-minute bus takes you downtown to the Inner Harbor, where career connections are waiting: Think internships, networking opportunities and access to employers in business, government and nonprofit organizations.
Office of Admission response to COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Baltimore Office of Admission is operating remotely. During this time, we are committed to providing uninterrupted personal attention and customer service to our prospective and admitted students.