You can set up Microsoft Outlook to access your UB mailbox, including calendar and contacts, from off-campus computers. You can also access shared mailboxes using this option. If you need to access a shared mailbox after you configure Outlook, contact the OTS Call Center.
Once Outlook has been configured successfully, you will no longer need to use Outlook Web App to access your e-mail remotely.
Outlook 2013 Set-up Instructions
- Open Outlook 2013.
- From the startup screen, click Next.
- On the next screen make sure Yes is selected and click Next.
Note: If you already have a presonal email account configured iin Outlook, you can add another by opening Outlook, selecting the file tab and clicking Add Account (see screenshot).
- Enter your Name, email address, current password. Click Next when done.
- Click Yes to accept the security certificate from the Security Alert screen.
- From the Windows Security screen enter your netID@ubalt.edu, where netID is your personal UB netID. Enter your current password and check the Remember my credentials box. Click OK.
- Once your account is configured, click Finish. It may take several minutes before all data is available.