E-mail Usage Limits & Checking Your Usage
Since the migration to Microsoft Office 365, email limits have changed. The new email quota is now 50GB for students, faculty, and staff. You can check your current mailbox size from the Outlook desktop client or Outlook Web App. Mailbox usage will be displayed in megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB) depending on the size of your mailbox. Approximately 1,000 MB is equal to 1 GB.
Microsoft Outlook 2013: How to View Your Mailbox Size
- Open Outlook 2013.
- From the File tab look for your mailbox size graphic located to the right of the Cleanup Tools box.
- To see a detailed breakdown of your mailbox, click Cleanup Tools and then Mailbox Cleanup.
- Click View Mailbox Size. Each folder size is listed in the window.
- Scroll through to determine which folders are larger and can be targeted for cleanup. Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, and Drafts tend to be larger.
Microsoft Outlook Web App: How to View Your Mailbox Size
- Open Outlook Web App.
- Open the Settings Menu by clicking the gear in the upper right corner .
- Click Options.
- Expand GENERAL.
- Click My Account.
Contact OTS Call Center with questions, comments or feedback.