Students are responsible for purchasing their commencement regalia and can do so in one of three ways:
- at Grad Fest, October for Fall Commencement and March for Spring Commencements
- at The Hive- UBalt Bookstore
- online through ub.shopoakhalli.com Note: An additional cost for shipping will be applied.
- Regalia will be available for graduates to purchase in store beginning on the day of grad fest.
- Regalia will be available for purchase online at the dates specified on the Commencement Information Page.
- Regalia that is purchased online is shipped within a few weeks of commencement.
- Students from Universities at Shady Grove will be contacted regarding how they can order regalia.
The Hive also has announcements, gifts, frames, and other items for graduates. Visit the bookstore website or visit the store for details.
- Undergraduate students should have a black robe, optional stole, black cap, and tassel.
- Graduate students should have a black robe, black cap, tassel and a hood that corresponds with the appropriate program.
- Doctoral students should have a black robe, tam and hood that corresponds with the appropriate program.
- Please review Commencement Attire Guidelines.
- There are items on the market to assist with the black caps that are worn by Undergraduate and Graduate students. One such company is called Grad Remix. Their graduation cap insert is a 2 piece system that transforms the graduation cap to fit better.
- Bachelor's (cap, gown, stole and tassel): $113.98
- Bachelor's - no stole (cap, gown, and tassel): $62.98
- Stole only: $55.98
- Veteran (Generic) Stole: $42.98
- First Generation Stole: $35.98
- Master's (cap, gown, tassel and hood): $109.98
- Master's Basic Certificate (no hood): $66.98
- Hood only: $46.98
- Doctoral package (tam, tassel, gown and hood): $135.98 – preorder required (4 weeks for delivery)
- Souvenir tassel: $7.98
The Hive and the Center for Student Engagement and Inclusion have partnered to be able to provide a small number of regalia packages at a significantly reduced price.Please visit the main commencement page to apply during the limited time frame.
Cords and Stoles
Cords and stoles for student or national organizations are handled by the individual honors organizations. Students may wear any cords or stoles they wish on commencement day. For more information about receiving these items, please be in contact with the specific organization advisor.
The Hive also offers a variety of optional stoles for students to choose from.
Class Rings, Frames, and Announcements
Rings, frames, and announcements can be ordered through Herff Jones.
For specific information about this semester, please consult the Main Commencement Page. For any other questions, please contact the Center for Student Engagement and Inclusion.