The UB Shuttle is a free service for the campus community.
Announcement: The new shuttle provider began to operate on Monday, August 19. The 12-passenger buses are white with blue logos, as shown in the picture to the right. The buses will be no longer be red, or 30-passenger size. Also, NextBus has been replaced by Ride Systems, called "RLS". The RLS app is almost ready; see below for more information and a video tutorial.
Where does the shuttle go?
- Stops: The shuttle provides service to the Maryland Avenue and Fitzgerald Garages, State Center Metro and other stops.
- Main Campus Stop: The hub is the Student Center bus stop. The shuttle lays over at the Student Center and at State Center Metro.
- Important items: All riders must show their Bee Card to board the bus. Also, the bus is equipped with a lift, and riders may use the Ride System app to track the shuttle.
- Recognize the bus: Look for a white 12-passenger bus with blue UB logos.
- Special plan for evening: In the evenings after the later classes have started, the shuttle waits at the Student Center to take passengers directly to either garage, State Center Metro, any campus bus stop, or just in the evenings the Mt. Royal Light Rail and Penn Station..
When does the shuttle operate?
Route 601 to Maryland Avenue and Fitzgerald Garages, and State Center Metro
When classes are in session:
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
When the University is open, but classes are not in session:
Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Fall 2019 service summary:
- 1 bus Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- 1 bus Friday 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday the bus waits ("stages") at Student Center, as of 8:15 p.m, and takes passengers immediately to either garage, State Center Metro and all UB shuttle stops.
- Friday staging at the Student Center, as of 3 p.m. to transport passengers immediately to either garage, State Center Metro and all UB shuttle stops.
- Evenings Only: Riders may request Penn Station or Mt. Royal Light Rail on-demand.
Note: If the campus is closed for any reason, such as a holiday, winter break, inclement weather or other emergencies, the shuttles will not operate. When the campus is open, but classes are not in session, the shuttles operate on a limited schedule as noted above.
Is there an app for the UB shuttle?
Yes, the shuttle is tracked by Ride Systems, called "RLS". You can download the RLS Shuttle App from the Apple App store and the Google Play store. Once you open the app, it will ask you to choose a transit agency; select University of Baltimore. Here is a video tutorial.
Can I rent a charter shuttle for my UB event?
Yes. You can email the shuttle provider, Reston Limousine, or call 1.800.546.6141. Buses of different sizes are available to meet the needs of your event.