The BeeLine Dual Admission Program is an early access program for students at select Maryland Community Colleges.
A new BeeLine program allows eligible community college students to apply for and be admitted to the University of Baltimore while still enrolled at a Maryland community college, which give you the opportunity to take advantage of unique transfer student benefits and services.
BeeLine BenefitsStudent in the BeeLine Program, who are conditionally admitted to the University of Baltimore, will have access to the following services and opportunities:
- pre-admission transcript evaluation(s)
- a dedicated BeeLine admission counselor
- pre-transfer advising (with a UB academic adviser once per semester)
- invitations to financial literacy workshops
- UB’s recreation facilities (limited hours of access)
- events hosted by UB's Center for Student Involvement, Office of Admission and more
- The Bob Parsons Veteran Center
- the Robert L. Bogomolny Library, inter-institutional book loans, and select online research databases
- the UB housing website and housing fair (as offered)
- UB parking, at the student rate, as available
- student BeeCard benefits and discounts at the Hive campus store and select local businesses
- recognition at commencement as a BeeLine student.
Eligibility RequirementsStudents interested in the BeeLine program will apply for admission to the University of Baltimore during their time at the community college. Their admission to UB will be provisional, if eligible, until they indicate they are ready to transfer to UB. At that time, a formal admission decision will be made. To be eligible for the BeeLine program, students must:
- be enrolled as a degree-seeking student at a participating community college
- maintain enrollment at the community college, with no break longer than two consecutive semesters (not including winter or summer)
- complete the online application for UB's BeeLine program.
- be admitted to UB, as per stated UB admission requirements
- meet additional criteria as determined by their community college.
- be awarded an associate degree (A.A., A.S., A.A.T., A.A.S., A.S.E.) from a partnering community college
- meet admission requirements and be eligible for admission to the University of Baltimore
- submit all required admission documentation to UB
- complete the FAFSA, if able to do so.
Which Community Colleges are BeeLine Partners?The following institutions are a part of the new BeeLine program:
How do I apply?Begin your BeeLine Application here. (application forthcoming)
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I apply to BeeLine?
Students can apply any time from their first semester at the community college until the semester before they apply for admission to UB. So, a timeline example may be:
If you plan to start at UB in: Then apply to UB in: And the final semester you can apply to Beeline is: Fall 2021 Spring 2021 Fall 2020 Spring 2022 Fall 2021 Spring 2021 Fall 20222 Spring 2022 Fall 2021 Spring 2023 Fall 2022 Spring 2022
Do I need to complete an associate degree prior to transferring?
Students are highly encouraged to complete their associate degree prior to transferring to the University of Baltimore. This is a requirement of the BeeLine program, and makes you eligible to receive additional scholarships upon enrolling.
Does my community college have special requirements?
Your community college may have additional requirements, Please visit your individual community college web page to learn more.
When can I enroll at UB?
The application for BeeLine will open in Fall 2020. Students can take advance of the program beginning in Spring 2021, with the intention of the first students enrolling at UB for the fall 2021 semester.
Do I need to apply to both BeeLine and UB?
You will need to complete the free BeeLine Application (available fall 2020), and also complete the application for admission to UB when you are ready to transfer. We will waive the application fee as a BeeLine student.
Does the BeeLine program guarantee me admission to a particular major at UB?
Successful completion of the BeeLine program guarantees you admission to UB only. You must still meet individual major admission requirements for admission into your major of choice.
Does the BeeLine program guarantee that all my credits will transfer to UB?
Your credits will be evaluated for transfer based on where they were earned, the courses you took and the grade you received, if they meet general education requirements, and if they can be applied to your degree program. Learn more about the tools we offer to evaluate how courses will transfer.
Where can I find more information about the BeeLine program offered at the Universities at Shady Grove?
Montgomery College students can learn more by visiting Shady Grove's Transfer Access Programs web page or UB's Montgomery College web page.
How do I learn more?
Students should contact their designated transfer counselor to learn more.